• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

original hemi shock tower photos, 1963

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
This is a wooden mock-up pre Daytona 64. The heads and intake are wooden models.
Doug

7607554-enginecompartment1963.jpg 7607558-shocktower(461x640).jpg

That is UNBELIEVABLE!!! I'm assuming you didn't just pick those off some website?!?! Wish I had those shots about 3 months ago.

That is UNBELIEVABLE!!! I'm assuming you didn't just pick those off some website?!?! Wish I had those shots about 3 months ago.

It amazing when you put a couple of car guys someplace what they can find. They use to make the entire engine pieces out of wood. I'l have to dig out the pics of wooden Max wedge stuff.
Doug

Those would be a couple to have and blow up to a small poster for the shop (18x24). i can't believe I would be the only one who would love to see the Max Wedge stuff also. Thanks for sharing this stuff.

Awesome!

Yes, let's see the Max Wedge stuff!

So, if I'm seeing right, they not only cut out and flipped the center part but they also shaved the lower front part of it as well? Never knew that!

Doug you always come up with the great fixes. Just like your k frame and other details that you have shared thanks a bunch.

Auto Transport Service
Back