• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Tuff Wheel Size?

Myasylum

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Hi!

I have seen a 15" Tuff Wheel and a 14" Tuff Wheel, anyone know what the original diameter is supposed to be? Is there really a steering difference anyhow?

I have a E-Bay one that is 15" but kind of has a tough plastic feel to it, I think I'd like something softer. The Leather I think is softer. PG Classic has a leather one but is 14" and says something on the web site that it's metric?

Anyone have any thoughts, opinions on this?

Thanks!

The larger steering wheel is better if you have a manual steering set-up.
Power steering works fine with the smaller wheel.

OEM grip material is kind of like "Nerf", durable, pliant, extremely small cell foam rubber, coated with some kind of super adhesive shiny coating.

What's it going in?

E body wheels are also called "tuff" but they are completely different.

A good original wheel is the best, although they're $$$. A NOS part is even more so. A repro (Grant ? ) is manufactured, but unsure of the materials/quality. You also need the adapter for the column.

Grant adapters are different (a LOT) from OEM.
Grant wheels also have ridge around the wheel (facing the driver) that is not on OEM wheels.
(They may have redesigned their wheels to eliminate this ridge recently)

OEM A/B body style adapters (often called "cans") are now reproduced.

Dale's Cuda shop makes a decent reproduction tuff wheel.
IIRC there are options on grip material.

Auto Transport Service
Back