• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original/Unrestored Superbird

I guess he was trying to ask if its a floor shifter automatic car or a 4 speed.. Both would be in a console.

Nice SuperBird. Congrats on your find. .

Love the car, it’s a superb find. Are you adopting by chance?

Very nice Super Bird. Thank you for sharing. It is always interesting how the first run of specialty cars has tag data missing or not the norm. Do you by chance have the broadcast sheet for it?

D

i think there is a guy on fabo that has a brand new nos warr block for sale. he has had it on there 2-3 times. don't know if he sold it yet though.

Forgive me for being stupid - It runs in the family. Just because it’s a TorqueFlite doesn’t mean it’s on tHe console - or does it? I was really inquiring as to whether or not it was on the column?
Correct but haven't seen many console cars with column shift. Not saying it was not possible..

Chase a warranty block all you want, no one who's paying any attention at all will ever believe it is legitimately in the car under a warranty repair... You've posted the VIN and told the story of the original engine being blown up in 1975 by the second owner...

I don't get the impression your trying to fool/defraud anyone, your just trying to have the best engine you can.... I get that but beyond having a suitable date on the top stamping pad to satisfy the casual observer you aren't gonna ever put the original engine in the car so just accept it for what it is & enjoy the car... It appears to be a great car...

The reason I posted about a warranty block was I didn't know what kind of restoration he has in mind. But I'm like you slap an engine in it and go. The only reason I even mentioned it well, is because its a Super Bird and not some run of the mill Belvedere. I do agree with you Wild.. Fix it and drive it.

A Warranty Block wouldn't really help for originality so find a motor that works and don't restore the engine parts. Keep it crusty and enjoy it as a survivor 'bird. That would be truly a car I would look at at a Car Show. Why have another over restored car at a show. Drive a fake survivor and create your own story.

I have an 1969 casting date NOS 440 Block in the factory crate
Perfect for your car

Chase a warranty block all you want, no one who's paying any attention at all will ever believe it is legitimately in the car under a warranty repair... You've posted the VIN and told the story of the original engine being blown up in 1975 by the second owner...

I don't get the impression your trying to fool/defraud anyone, your just trying to have the best engine you can.... I get that but beyond having a suitable date on the top stamping pad to satisfy the casual observer you aren't gonna ever put the original engine in the car so just accept it for what it is & enjoy the car... It appears to be a great car...
Thank You! you are spot on

I bought this vehicle from the second owner. He bought it in 1974. He blew the motor in 1977 and said it was beyond repair. This car has a console with bucket seats. The original motor is a Speed Queen dryer
Beyond repair then and beyond repair now are two different things. Back then, a spun bearing might be beyond repair when cheap running engines were plentiful. Today, anything can be fixed with the right approach and for the right price.
D8FF7778-F8E9-46FD-8436-30F88CA8367F.jpeg

Damn... who cleans your floors???
HAHA ... I do! and it's not easy, takes a good chunk of time but I like a clean shop and my customers feel good walking around looking at the cars in there. I get tons of compliments on the cleanliness plus it helps people feel comfortable when they drop their vehicle off knowing it's not staying in a dump.... Thinking about picking up a floor Zamboni, I'm about over a mop and bucket!

Beyond repair then and beyond repair now are two different things. Back then, a spun bearing might be beyond repair when cheap running engines were plentiful. Today, anything can be fixed with the right approach and for the right price.
View attachment 1246758
Yes unfortunately he scrapped or lost it in 1977. So I have to go with Plan B.

Auto Transport Service
Back