• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Outer rocker to door bottom gap?

MGKelly

Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
I have the new outer rocker installed but not welded and the rocker to door bottom gap is 3/8 inches. The rear quarter and cowl gaps look good, is there a trick to closing the gap for the rocker to door bottom? I can try moving up the weld loctions on the bottom inner rocker but wanted to check with you guys.
thanks!!!!

rocker1.jpg

********************* close up **********************

rocker2.jpg

rocker1.jpg

Rocker gaps are always large. Align the door to the quarter. Then align the fender to the door. That being said the front of the doors and fenders have to be far enough outward to allow a proper hood gap. That's as good as it gets without welding.
Doug

My 66 Satellite is at least 3/8" if not a 1/2", door has never been off the car.

Gaps look close. Make sure you check your rubber seal all the way around....yes, put it in and run that thin paper all around the door to check for a great seal.

believe it or not, 7/16 door to rocker is pretty normal....... 3/8 at a minimum

Auto Transport Service
Back