• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P.O.S. Turn signal switch! Who makes a good one?

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
So back in the 90's (Me thinks) I bought a new turn signal switch from Year One. I just put my column in this morning
and found alot of things wrong with it! Anyone know of a good repo? On November 1st of last year "Threewood" posted
that the switches with the yellow cams are junk and showed a pic with a crack already staring at the white wire rivet.
Well, that's the one I've got! The other problems are that the turn signal lever doesn't fit in the recess. Not even close!
The other thing is it's way too stiff. Thought I was going to break it.
20240304_115130.jpg
20240304_115153.jpg
20240304_115225.jpg
20240304_115249.jpg
20240304_115443.jpg

"Do it once.. do it right"... or I guess twice like me and apparently you are as well.

This is a '69.. believe '68 is the same. I had mine all together with an aftermarket repair kit, lasted 4 actuations before I tore it apart again and put this one in.
beerestoration2019 2314.JPG
beerestoration2019 2315.JPG
beerestoration2019 2316.JPG
beerestoration2019 2317.JPG

So back in the 90's (Me thinks) I bought a new turn signal switch from Year One. I just put my column in this morning
and found alot of things wrong with it! Anyone know of a good repo? On November 1st of last year "Threewood" posted
that the switches with the yellow cams are junk and showed a pic with a crack already staring at the white wire rivet.
Well, that's the one I've got! The other problems are that the turn signal lever doesn't fit in the recess. Not even close!
The other thing is it's way too stiff. Thought I was going to break it. View attachment 1621160View attachment 1621161View attachment 1621162View attachment 1621163View attachment 1621164
"Do it once.. do it right"... or I guess twice like me and apparently you are as well.

This is a '69.. believe '68 is the same. I had mine all together with an aftermarket repair kit, lasted 4 actuations before I tore it apart again and put this one in.
View attachment 1621174View attachment 1621175View attachment 1621176View attachment 1621177

^^^^ there ya go, get it while you can. I had a very difficult time finding one 5 years back..

OUCH! $309.00! I'm worried about old plastic giving up the ghost, as well as the cost?
Boy, I'm glad I'm close to the end on this thing! Anyone know how good the OER one is?
They have two listed, but how to figure out which one? Thanks Guys! I appreciate the help!

About what I paid 5 years back. Zero issues so far and I've put about 3500 miles on the Bee since...

OUCH! $309.00! I'm worried about old plastic giving up the ghost, as well as the cost?
Boy, I'm glad I'm close to the end on this thing! Anyone know how good the OER one is?
They have two listed, but how to figure out which one? Thanks Guys! I appreciate the help!
There may have been more for sale on E bay. I just typed in the number and posted the first thing I saw. Iy will outlast the both of us I bet.

My car had an nos one installed 22 years ago. No issues.

I bought a nos one for a spare last year...just in case. I paid something like $200 for it.

So I should be good for the rest of my days

I watched for a while & finally bought one at $269... So really there are no bargains anymore... But NOS just works...

Wow, I guess I just have to pay the piper. Thanks for all the info !

None of us like it.. But doing it twice sucks... Doing it more than twice is just foolish...

I have had several cars over the years that were either broke one way or another. I still own one that is broke on the right hand turn. I just have to hold up on the indicator until I start to turn. No big deal. Been like this for years. I have replaced several others over the years with aftermarket and they are all junk as mentioned.
I could use an NOS 1970 B Body switch myself to change someday.

Several years ago I had finally had enough of all the junk aftermarket turn signal switches. Paid the piper and bought a NOS for each of my cars as well as a spare for each. It sucked, but they all work perfectly.

What an education! Maybe I'll part-out my GTX and make some cash?????

@Slantsixdan sells great reproduction switches at a reasonable price. I believe he had them made by a Chrysler supplier.

Auto Transport Service
Back