• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Package Tray Replacement Tips?

65Bel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
Received new package tray for 65 Bel II, 2dr h/t from Classic Industries. Cloth & vinyl materials, as well as color-match, appear spot-on to original H1B light blue tray. Have never replaced one. Assume rear seat has to come out, but beyond that no clue. Would appreciate comments & guidance from anyone that has been there and done this.

I have 2 of Theirs, 1 '63, and 1 '65. They look nice, but not ready to install yet...

I haven't replaced one in a 65, but in a 66-67 removing the back seat is all that was needed other than two screws for the hold down clips. Cut some thin sound deadening material for under it and just put it in place and reassemble.

On my '64 Polara, there are also a couple of button clips that have to popped up out of the metal support under the package tray.

Auto Transport Service
Back