• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painless wiring

karki

Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
Hello have somebody install a mopar harnes from painless wiring nr 10127 ?
Any problems whit instalation ,worth the price etc /cheers peter

great car but i want to get in touch whith somebody ho has install a system from painless wiring.
Dont know if i should by this system or get one from year one as my electrikal system is a real dog! / peter

Personally, I am not a big fan of painfull harnesses. It all really depends on what you are doing with the car as to wether you should consider an updated wiring system. If you don't have alot of add ons or are not building a race car, stick with the stock harness.

Rev.

Painless sucks, I've used them on my Mach 1 and what a joke. for Mopar there is ONLY one way to go, M&H, and unfortunetly Yearone has exclusive sales for Mopar so you have no choice but to buy from them. M&H harnesses are perfect fit and you'll have zero problems.

I personally am going to use my Painless harness as just a fuse block - then use stock (M&H) harnesses for the headlights, engine, ect... I just hate the old glass fuses.

your choice of wiring kits depends if your restoring or up dating or modifying,,

all non stock fitting after market kits,are GM based,and color coded,,you will need to get a mopar wiring diagram to complete it,the biggest kit painless sells comes with GM,FORD,MOPAR wiring diagrams,,it is not a mopar specific wiring kit,,and will not have a bulk head or wil not appear stock. and it uses a 1980s style GM fuse block,just like all after market wiring kits,,,ron francis has really nice stuff,,there own fuse block,with nice options, i think that is the kit im going to use,,but pricy

if you are using modern head lites such as H4 bulbs you need a relay on the low and high beams,,or you wil sooner or later burn up your head lite switch,,
40 year old factory wiring by now is britel,and wont with stand the modern high out put altenators that are available today,,a retro wiring system and stock alternator will be fine,,such as sold by year one or evans wiring,,

ive been researching this for too long as im an going to rewire my barracuda,and probbaly my street rod,,let us hear what you go with please

I've used M&H harnesses on 3 cars now, they're almost NOS. if you just want it to look , fit and work perfect just go that route and forget it.

I've used M&H harnesses on 3 cars now, they're almost NOS. if you just want it to look , fit and work perfect just go that route and forget it.

I agree. Painless should be renamed Painful.

Sorry! found it on google:blush:/peter

The Year Oe harness are great, but if you are doing a pro-touring car, or lots uof updating like Fuel Injection, electronic overdrive, modern headlights, windows, locks etc,
The I would consider the Painless Wiring system
We used one in our 1969 Plymouth "Dark Runner" that features our Hemi swap with the NAG1 and it was a big help for keep all the wires hidden. Personally i have always hated the bulkhead connector on the mopars going through the firewall and had probelms caused by it.

If you need an upgraded wiring system, you might also check out American Autowire. They are basically GM based, but that is an actually easy color code to get the hang of. (Think of it this way. How many geniuses do you know that own Camaros?)

Rev.

If you need an upgraded wiring system, you might also check out American Autowire. They are basically GM based, but that is an actually easy color code to get the hang of. (Think of it this way. How many geniuses do you know that own Camaros?)

Rev.

thats funny:rolling:

I want to re-wire my charger, it still had its original 40-year old harness in it. i did lay it all out and checked everything with a continuity test light and the only thing I repaired on the dash harness was the amp gauge leads, just because someone cut them off.

With that being said, I still don't trust 40-year old wiring. M&H harness just are not in my budget. Painless does make a mopar kit (utilizing mopar colors on each wire). But face it the wiring in these cars aren't rocket science, its relatively simple compared to todays cars.

The kit Im really leaning toward (by suggestions from guys that used it on FABO) is the EZ2 wiring kit. They do use standard GM wiring colors (as long as you have there wiring diagram and the wiring diagram for the car you are working on, and some wiring knowledge/experience) I dont see this being a major task at all. There 18 circuit kit is more than enough for a factory type re-wiring, and you will have circuits available for future add ons if wanted/needed. The EZ2 wire kit is 185 bucks. FABO member Mullimax, installed it on his Barracuda, he said it was pretty much a one-weekend project taking his time.

Jason

I'm using the ron francis kit, so far real nice and easy but as stated, it is pricy.

I'm using the ron francis kit, so far real nice and easy but as stated, it is pricy.

I'm not overly familiar with the francis kits as of late. Do they still use a Ford based ideology? I seem to remember there being alot of wires with colored tracers on them. For those of you who haven't done an old Ford, Henry had/has a thing for common colored wires with different colored tracers on them instead of using different colored wires. Hell of an eye killer.

Rev.

This is my first time wiring at this magnitude, so it's all greek to me. The wires seem to be solid color with printing on them telling you where or what they are or go to. I could'nt really screw this up, or could I?

Auto Transport Service
Back