• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint gun suggestions

First thing first. What ever product your using get the TDS info . It will tell you what size tip, pressure , and type of gun they recommend for their product. I have been painting professionally for over 10 years now . Any new product I use first thing is to read over the TDS, then change as I see fit to match my painting style .

It sounds like your compressor is up to the task but your gun is just not setup properly or its dirty ! Even a cheap gun can lay down a decent paint job , but it may not repeat that same job a 100 times like a higher quality gun will.
Thank you. Yes I read all of the data sheets and set everything up as it required. I’m thinking, after looking at a few articles and reading some more that I just need to adjust the fluid level and the air level to get a finer atomization

Another Devilbiss Finish Line user here. I have a cheap Titan gun for primers and I paint small parts and engines with it, single stage. Works very well.

WOW! I'm surprised that some of my helpful comments have been deleted? If I can help you in any further way? Please feel free to PM me! Good Luck

Anest iwata. The best compliant gun I’ve shot with. Hvlp is fine for shops where paint loss is an issue, but home gamers don’t need that. The better a gun atomizes the smoother the finish. If you’re a pawn shopper an old binks model 18 is great. It atomizes the paint and makes one hell of a fog. Also, whatever gun you use, make sure the fluid tip and air cap are sized for the viscosity of paint or primer you’re using.

For automotive turbines are a bit less common but you should be able to get away with it if you use atleast a 5 stage, Apollo has a automotive turbine kit that’s designed for automotive projects. But for my automotive paint spray gun I went with the Devilbiss DV1 it has worked well on my base coats and clears

Harbor freight has a knock off of a Sata gun. Get the one with the 1.3 tip it will do base color okay, the smaller tip really shines with the clear.

Auto Transport Service
Back