• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paint

RSZ28

Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post, here or paint section. Does anyone have the paint code for the bright red used on the dash of a 65 Belvedere II? Also, was a flatener used on the top of the dash so it wouldn't be reflective or was it just the same color? Thanks

Cant help on the code but if you are going to use a base/clear, than you will use a satin clear on the dash to eliminate glare.

I used base/clear with a satin clear on the top.
I don't have the actual paint code. It is a Mopar bright red that we matched with the upholstery.

IMG_0772.JPG

Cant help on the code but if you are going to use a base/clear, than you will use a satin clear on the dash to eliminate glare.
They matched my car to a Subaru Ruby Red 2009-2012

Here is a pic of a 65 dash I plan on putting into my car...It shows very well where the shiny (Light Gold) paint and the flat (Darker Brown) paint was terminated at the factory...

1217182113.jpg

Here is a pic of a 65 dash I plan on putting into my car...It shows very well where the shiny (Light Gold) paint and the flat (Darker Brown) paint was terminated at the factory...

View attachment 693678
Skicker,

Would you happen to have the paint code for the lower gold portion?

Much appreciated.

Jeff

Wasn't sure where to post, here or paint section. Does anyone have the paint code for the bright red used on the dash of a 65 Belvedere II? Also, was a flatener used on the top of the dash so it wouldn't be reflective or was it just the same color? Thanks
The repair manual for the year and make of car usually has the color, codes and brand of paint used

Auto Transport Service
Back