• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painted rims

XEO1-

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Got three rallies,one to go. Got the rims tediously painted by autozone spray paint. One I messed up on and will have to sand down. I got green panels, my new thought about it, just in case if I go mid tan with black and green diamond pattern seats(mostly black with dark green lined diamond patterns with black inbetween). This is a great daily driver vehicle-no investment vehicle so I’m really loving the ability to drive it and not worry about dents,dings.

ps: tires was cleaned out but are in really good shape. Iam not looking to put a lot into this car, will go down cheap metal path for now on(it will becoming my daily driver, hopefully) . It’s going to be a parts car for a later r/t. I want it to have the special edition feel until the transplanting. And if I was to sell it, I’d be looking 18000 after it’s a 318 4 speed placed in it. But I love the car and it will be my daily driver I believe one day and will be hard to get ride of because it reminds me of me.
Ps: I got the rare optioned clock for the car when the transplanting is done. I have to send the gauges off to have restored with the rallyes.

E16A995F-17AE-4B97-A3FD-B9463C966AB1.jpeg 500F8893-6D6D-44EA-82DA-04BF4399AB29.jpeg ED685177-4F12-4481-92CD-91AE63EEE4A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good.
If the left side is in the same shape hell your 1/2 way done.

Other side is bang up alittle bit,nothing that a propane torch and a hammer can’t handle with some bondo after, for this car.
Looks good.
If the left side is in the same shape hell your 1/2 way done.

Actually those are called " Road wheels". They originally came with a stainless trim ring. That looks like a pretty large wheel weight for a front tire. The centers are also S/S and not chrome and so can be safely polished without damage.
Check the DOT numbers on the tires just to be safe..The last 4 Numbers of the DOT are the week and year of manufacture. If there are only 3 numbers at the end, those tires are over 21 years old. Junk. Actually questionable if stored properly since new and less than 5-6 years old.

No investment E body-

OXYMORON.

The centers are also S/S and not chrome
MoparLeo, do you have anything to validate this statement? I don't mean that as an argumentative challenge, I'm posing a real question as I've heard this same thing before. I don't think the centers of Road wheels are Stainless because I've seen a lot of them that the centers are heavily rusted mainly around the lug holes and the back side of the wheels not the mild surface rust that stainless can get but heavy scaled rust like regular mild steel gets when exposed to the elements for too long. That being said, I don't believe I've ever seen any rust on the silver part of the spokes on any Road wheels even the ones that had heavy rust in other spots. So, I've been looking for awhile to validate this one way or another, and coming up with nothing, so I'm just wondering if you or someone else might have some input to help out.

I believe the "applique" (for lack of a better term) on the "spokes" may be stainless.

The load bearing portion of the wheel center I believe is traditional steel.

I believe the "applique" (for lack of a better term) on the "spokes" may be stainless.

The load bearing portion of the wheel center I believe is traditional steel.
I was thinking that may be a possibility but I don't know how they would put the stainless "applique" on the steel centers.

The portion on the spokes that is shiny is clearly raised.

Certainly could be a separate part.

I believe templates are available to mask them for painting around them.

The portion on the spokes that is shiny is clearly raised.

Certainly could be a separate part.

I believe templates are available to mask them for painting around them.
They are definitely raised but I've looked at them real close and they aren't adhered in place or anything like that, they are part of the wheel. It would be interesting if there was some factory paperwork somewhere that explained the process.

My dad’s chevelle rim. Challenger rims are identical to my dads chevelle rims. What Mopar Leo said ring bells with me,why I liked his post, they do come with a trim ring and ‘SS center piece’(below edited). And they’re raised.

edited-S/S means stainless steel-excuse me.

6AD455F1-D485-434C-B271-A760844C3673.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back