• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting engine bay..single stage or 2 stage paint

I heard PPG Concept single stage paint is being discontinued. Is there any other single stage paint being discontinued?

I've painted engines with 2 stage paint and with rattle can paint. They both held up to thr heat. The 2 stage is way more durable. For inner fenders and firewall, you should be fine with either.
I also have used BCCC on K frame but that's because that's what I had on the shelf. I didn't want to go buy any single stage black when other options was already available. It looks great.

Paint the bay and jamb the car with the paint your going to use on the exterior.
After washing use a good prep/ wax & grease remover.
Scuff every inch, rinse it off, After it dries hit it again with air & then the grease and wax remover again.
Flash time.... and tac it off
Now a coat of epoxy sealer.
Let that dry , tac it off.
Paint.

Single stage Deltron here.

IMG_E5657.JPG

DSC00167.JPG

I have used Kirker brand single stage for several vehicles.

Much less expensive than the "name" brands and I have had excellent results on big trucks, hot rod projects and a couplr trailers.

The downside is a limited color options.

The only thing I have to show with single stage is the engine. This was painted 13 years ago, 1000 passes.
Doug

20210308_175030.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back