• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther Pink Charger

Best year Charger in my opinion, Great color! Welcome!

Sweet my favorite year! Neat project! Look at it this way with the upcoming election changes, fuel will probably hit 4$ the 318 looks more appealing for the cruiser factor.. Such a cool car ... keep us posted! Enjoy it just save the original stuff if swapped IMO.

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Definitely an eye catching color!

Welcome from Alabama, it can be another great Gen II Charger.

Look at it this way with the upcoming election changes, fuel will probably hit 4$ the 318 looks more appealing for the cruiser factor.. Such a cool car ...Enjoy it just save the original stuff if swapped IMO.

Ditto, I agree with ya. If the 318 runs and is #'s matching then I would keep it stock especially with the combo the car has, not to mention gas prices too as you said. 318's are VERY reliable and run forever as well, but if it is power you want then I fully understand but I would save the original stuff in case the car ever gets sold.

1970 Charger 500 original color Panther Pink.

THAT is what caught my attention right there, I love that color and Turbine Bronze. I wish you the best of luck with the car, if you need any info or advice this is the place to be. Welcome from Connecticut!

:welcome::thumbsup:

Your book is wrong.... Well, it's fine, if the A04 were applied to a C body... But not a B body.... Not power Windows, no air foam seat, no power antenna...
I thought those were some odd options for a Charger as I was typing. It is in Galen's white book page 8. Since this car already has the R11 for an AM radio, what would be the correct options for A04?

I thought those were some odd options for a Charger as I was typing. It is in Galen's white book page 8. Since this car already has the R11 for an AM radio, what would be the correct options for A04?

The Salesmans guide would be the place to look.. I checked Barry's site but that page of the guide for a 70 Charger wasn't shown.. There was a copy of the page for a 70 Coronet which is likely very close....

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 8.13.12 AM.png

Great car and welcome to the site!

One thought for consideration: If you want more power than the 318, perhaps consider putting in a stroked 360 rather than a big block. Why? Well, all the A/C, alternator, etc. brackets are different, plus you need different motor mounts (or ideally a different K member) to swap to a big block. Transmission is different, and the list goes on. It is not trivial to swap to a big block.

A well built stroked small block can be made to look factory stock yet run like a big block. With the cool combo this car has, I personally think it would be neat to keep it looking totally stock with the small block.

Having said the above, it is your car so do as you wish - just offering the above for consideration.

Hawk

Great car and welcome to the site!

One thought for consideration: If you want more power than the 318, perhaps consider putting in a stroked 360 rather than a big block. Why? Well, all the A/C, alternator, etc. brackets are different, plus you need different motor mounts (or ideally a different K member) to swap to a big block. Transmission is different, and the list goes on. It is not trivial to swap to a big block.

A well built stroked small block can be made to look factory stock yet run like a big block. With the cool combo this car has, I personally think it would be neat to keep it looking totally stock with the small block.

Having said the above, it is your car so do as you wish - just offering the above for consideration.

Hawk
My thoughts too on staying with the small block. It's a fairly rare color so I don't want to do much to modify it.

Welcome nice score. I like it. Never a fan of pink or purple cars, but I would never turn down a find on either of them.

Another option for staying with a small block is a Magnum (1992-2001) engine.

The 318 (5.2) magnum makes 230 NET HP and the 5.9 (360) makes 245 NET...

...stock.

Welcome from the frozen North of Canada!

I agree with the others...keep it a LA small block, 340, 360 or a stroker small block with factory 340 HP manifolds to keep things looking OEM.

Auto Transport Service
Back