• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parents today, sheesh

My parents disciplined us with a belt and his hand. I went to ten grades of catholic school. The nuns slapped the **** out of us. The brothers and some lay teachers also used there hands. My opinion is a spanking on the rear is at times is needed in young children. No one should ever strike there child anywhere else or to the degree of leaving welts or bruises.
I was in basic training in 72 and i never saw a D.I. lay a hand on a recruit but i saw them discipline anybody who stepped out of line to a point that recruit would welcomed a beating instead.
All young children act up from time to time. The problem is parents give in and do not teach respect. These kids grow up not knowing what the word respect means. Often they become what there parents are.
I feared my father till the last time i saw him alive. He was near death, skin and bones and for whatever reason he shot me a look that still intimidated me. You want your kids to feel like that about you then thats your thing and one more thing anybody i dont care who it is or why or for what reason ever layed a hand on any of my children, id beat there *** to a bloody pulp. You all raise your kids your way and i'll raise mine (there all adults and responsible) my way. Enough said.

My parents disciplined us with a belt and his hand. I went to ten grades of catholic school. The nuns slapped the **** out of us. The brothers and some lay teachers also used there hands. My opinion is a spanking on the rear is at times is needed in young children. No one should ever strike there child anywhere else or to the degree of leaving welts or bruises.
I was in basic training in 72 and i never saw a D.I. lay a hand on a recruit but i saw them discipline anybody who stepped out of line to a point that recruit would welcomed a beating instead.
All young children act up from time to time. The problem is parents give in and do not teach respect. These kids grow up not knowing what the word respect means. Often they become what there parents are.
I feared my father till the last time i saw him alive. He was near death, skin and bones and for whatever reason he shot me a look that still intimidated me. You want your kids to feel like that about you then thats your thing and one more thing anybody i dont care who it is or why or for what reason ever layed a hand on any of my children, id beat there *** to a bloody pulp. You all raise your kids your way and i'll raise mine (there all adults and responsible) my way. Enough said.
I too had Catholic School through 10th Grade. Knuckles to prove it. If not for that, and being lucky enought to have great parents, things today would not be as good as they are. I really needed the regiment and discipline. ANY achievments to this point are the result of those 2 things.

My nuns all seemed to have hands like ham hocks, none ever had delicate little ladies hands. Some used a ruler or stick of some sort but most enjoyed slapping the **** out of you, I mean they were taking full swings LOL

What is really Concerning to me is People in my age Group 19,20,21,22. Already have kids. Some had them even younger then that. Not saying they cant Raise a child but They dont know ANYTHING. There is 0 Desire to learn about anything from the past. History is meaningless to them. All they know how to do is Take pictures of themselves. So by the time Their kids become old enough to Take in knowledge, Critical thinking and Memorize things, There wont be **** there for them To learn. I learned (Still Do) something everyday Growing up. A big part of being a Good parent I Feel, Is to Instill lessons and to teach from Life experience. What to do and what not to do. But if These Kids parents Have not even lived Half of their own life yet? What are they going to get Taught.

We got plenty of physical discipline at home and at school when we deserved it. My children were raised the same way and now even though the schools have changed in that respect my grandchildren are learning the same rules.

The replies from you all come from all over the country. I agree with all of them. But I have to tell you I grew up in the mid west and my father was a strick dude. He whupped the **** out of us - 7 boys - any time we got out of line. If he didn't do it the catholic school folks did.

My point isn't that - it's about California kids. I said I was from the Midwest - every time I go back home from California I get a dose of what it SHOULD be like at least in the U.S.

California kinds are the worst in the country and I've been all over many many times. These wet nose little BMW driving little snots are awful. They - generally - speaking wouldn't know the meaning of respect if it crawled up their *** and bit,their tongues. They're spoiled little shits and and and and ...... there's so much. Ore I could say but my fingers don't want to do the walking.
IOM If it is it's all the damn transplants from everywhere else,
that are screwing up my state......

It's not just California kids, I was born & raised here,
I've never acted like that or any of my kids or nieces &
nephews or their kids etc. ever did that...

There were serious consequences if we ever did,
by our mother father aunts uncles siblings grandparents etc.

It's a generational thing, especially from the participation trophy generations
since the late 80's/mid 90's, not any more than just being a Cali thing,
now it's them that are parents, the cycle continues, care more about
Twitter feed, Facebook likes, newest gadgets, texting etc. on their cell phones,
than what their kids are doing...
It happens in every inner-shity & everywhere that has dumbass parenting,
even in a rural setting, sometimes even in the mid-west, not exclusive to Calif. at all,
I've seen it 1st hand...

Anyway back to topic at hand...

2nd & 3rd generation loser parents, acting just like the hippies generation,
that now run everything, all the PC just talk to Johnny BS, victim class BS,
all he needs to see a shrink, he needs his safe space, mamby pamby
weak *** parenting...
But that raised their kids to be Homosexuals & loser/dopers
{openly got high or had sex opening & right in-front of them}
& all the free love BS that gave US AIDS HIV etc.
Them not thinking about structure, the kids welfare, future generations or
the ramificonsiquences etc., only themselves & self gradification...
It use to be "down with the man",
BUT now they are doing everything "the man" govt. says & does
without questioning them...
A new touchy feely weak & feckless 2nd & now 3rd generations of the,
the Liberal PC crowd that thinks it's ok to let their kids run wild &
not discipline them properly or be actual parents, instead of their best buddies...
The kids call 911 now if they get a spanking, let alone any types of punishments
no matter how well deserved it is...
The schools are perpetuating the problems & condoning these types of actions,
telling the young minds to do this crap...

OK off my soap box :soapbox:

It ain't just Calif., not in my neck of the woods, it's all over the nation...

Spare the rod & spoil the child
{by the way I never really had to hit my kids, there's other ways to be a parent,
but they knew my threats were real, I would act on it if I needed too, it's respect &
a bit fear, for their consequences acting out & ramifications}

Last edited:
mom hit me with a tennis racket.
I deserved it.
the edge of the racket. not the strings.

my 77 year old father inlaw was more worried about what his father would do to him if the school called.
the old farmers take no ****.

I understand and appreciate what everyone is saying. My brother and I got a couple whoopin's growing up. But my parents split when I was 8 or 9 and dad wasn't around much after that. Mom and grandparents did most of the raising of my brother and I. Grandparents lived the next street over. They were always firm but far. We learned early on that you didn't screw around. I think I swatted by kids on the butt a couple time but we never had any major whoopins. If we have to discipline them, we set a punishment and Most importantly, we followed through. We set expectations of them and followed through. One has finished college, the other is in college. They are both respectful and both still learning about life. I know that it's a fairly rare occurrence in this day and age, but that's my perspective.
My wife works in the school district that our kids went through and she sees the discipline issues that everyone is referring to. She blames the parents too but you can't say that too loud, if those parents hear that they'll get pissed and defensive. She has found that being respectful, firm and listening to the kids goes a long way. She had one young man that with the recent issues in the country and in the media, said he hated white people. She's be talking to him and listening to what he's had to say and has turned the kid around. She said he is very respectful and has meet his parents and they are very involved and are good people.

I see the problem today as everyone thinks they have to be their kids best friend . they have friends what they need is parents ,wether that is to discipline them or encourage them .

Auto Transport Service
Back