• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Park lights/turn signals

Gus chiggins

Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
I found out the park lights don't come on with the headlights. Which is normal for 1967 b bodies. My turn signals, or four way flasher does not work. When i activate the flasher switch the park lights stay on, but do not flash. I have grounded the parklight assemblies to the core support, i also grounded the rear tailights. I installed a new turn signal switch ( for the third time ) making sure no wires were cut, or crushed. The flasher is new, and correct for the car. Also no turn signals either, brake lights work. I am using the correct bulbs 1157, and no led bulbs anywhere in the electrical system.

There are two flashers if I recall correctly. Do you have them both in place?

There are two flashers if I recall correctly. Do you have them both in place?
I am not aware of two flashers. I do know of the flasher that clips into a bracket on the bottom rail of the dash. Car is a '67 plymouth belvedere. Btw, it's all new wiring, factory repop by M&H

I am not aware of two flashers. I do know of the flasher that clips into a bracket on the bottom rail of the dash. Car is a '67 plymouth belvedere. Btw, it's all new wiring, factory repop by M&H
If you have 4way flashers you then have 2 flashers.

Left side of the glove box. You really need to get the FSM and read.
Located second flasher on the bottom of dash rail. It is square. I plugged in a new flasher, and the flashers work. But, no turn signals. I replaced the TSS, (for the the 3rd time) i made sure that no wires were crushed, or cut. I made sure all wires corresponded with the correct terminals in the steering column plug. Btw the way the brake lights work. I grounded the taillights, and the turn signal housings. Second flasher is a rectangle, not square. To be exact

Plug the new 4 way flasher in the turn signal plug and see what happens.

Yep. Just because it's new, don't mean the other flasher is good. Lots of parts made out of "chineseum" these days are defective right out of the box...

I ordered another LF12 flasher, i believe the the TS flasher is bad. It was part of the harness i bought.

So they worked after swapping the flasher?
The 4 way flashers worked when i plugged in a new flasher, but when i reversed them, they did not work. Which tells me the TS flasher is non op

The 4 way flashers worked when i plugged in a new flasher, but when i reversed them, they did not work. Which tells me the TS flasher is non op
I thought the turn signals were not working? So did the turn signals work when you swapped the 4wy flasher in?

You mentioned 'all' new wiring harnesses? Did this include for the cabin - dash/fuse block and maybe BH?

I thought the turn signals were not working? So did the turn signals work when you swapped the 4wy flasher in?
No, like i said when i first swapped the flashers the 4 way worked, when i swapped them back nothing worked, still no turn signals. That's why i figured the turn signal flasher is bad.

No, like i said when i first swapped the flashers the 4 way worked, when i swapped them back nothing worked, still no turn signals. That's why i figured the turn signal flasher is bad.
Well if the 4 way flasher did not make the turn signals work then the flasher is not your problem.

An update. I replaced both flashers, turn signals now work, the 4 way fasher works, my hunch of the flashers being non op being the problem turned out to be true. I also learned parklights dont activate with head lights on 67 b bodies

Auto Transport Service
Back