• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking brake rear cable RE525

o1gnah

Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
I purchased a parking brake cable kit over a year ago from inline tube. It seems the rear cable supposed to reach to the backing plate is not long enough? Am I forgetting/multiple cable types?
Car:73’ Charger w/10” rear drums

I just looked at inline tubes.... it doesn't say which 71-74 rear end it fits. Maybe 8-1/4", 8-3/4", Dana 60, or 9-1/4" rear ends might use different parking brake cables that go to the brakes???

I'm not sure about the B bodies, but A body had an early type - had an intermediate cable that went to two equal length backing plate cables, and a later one that had one backing plate cable longer than the other. I may have that backwards, but maybe B body is similar?

Cables don't care which rear end - but "year" will matter. I always use RockAuto as a reference ... if you click highlighted part number beside any part it will list which makes, models and years the part fits.

In your case the cables all fit 71-74 Chargers, etc.. HOWEVER it looks like there are three cables at the rear end - four including the "front" cable. You have a "front", an "intermediate" and a right and left rear (same part number).

Auto Transport Service
Back