• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part Source for Black 1968 Charger Grille? And electronics hide box?

Aron

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Hey All,
Anyone have a parts source for a 1968 Dodge Charger grille that is black / does NOT have the silver lines? What I have found so far has the silver lines on the grille, I don't want those - am I missing a good reproduction site that has what I'm looking for?

What I've found: 1968 Dodge Charger Parts | *MB143520 | 1968 Dodge Charger; Grill And Headlamp Door Set; With Grill Extensions; Silver; OE Style | Classic Industries
And Grille Kit, 1968 Charger Grille Kit Black (restorationpartssource.com)

Also, I'm looking to put the electronics for the front lights, turn signals, fan relays, etc. in a hidden spot - I've heard there are aftermarket trays that fit in between the rad support and the front grille...just wishful thinking on my part?

Thanks all,

-Long way to go in the Bay Area, CA
PS - anyone notice I have (unintentionally / idiotically) installed TWO fuel pressure regulators -- doesn't seem like this can hurt....thoughts?

PXL_20230506_154829776.jpg
PXL_20230506_154837968.jpg
PXL_20230506_154842967.jpg
PXL_20230506_154907133.jpg
PXL_20230506_154821590.jpg

I know some diagrams show it as acceptable but I don't build a fuel system to flow -through- any regulator. It's always only on the return side.

I would remove the one on the firewall.

Interesting, thanks for the input INTMD8...I got a few separate diagrams from members here and some from the internet generally, with this dead head system they showed the regulator on the supply side. Appreciate your thoughts, I'll keep them in mind.

Yes there are some diagrams like that and I'm sure it depends on what the regulator looks like internally compared to others.

I've just tuned a few cars that were dropping fuel pressure that were fixed by moving the regulator from flow through to the return side.

(if you tested pressure at wot through redline and it doesn't drop, would make no difference either way)

On most cars which have EFI added, the regulator is on the return side.

Thus far I have built 3 cars with EFI and am working on the 4th and 5th, all of these the fuel regulators are on the return side.

Last edited:
My 95 Dakota is a factory dead head system and the regulator is on the pump in the tank. And I'm interested in knowing what transmission you are running and if you had to do any firewall mods to get it to fit....

There are multiple sealed small boxes available online for your electronics. Under the battery tray if you aren't moving it to the trunk.
Mike

My 95 Dakota is a factory dead head system and the regulator is on the pump in the tank. And I'm interested in knowing what transmission you are running and if you had to do any firewall mods to get it to fit....
Hey Cranky,
So I'm using a Tremec TKO500 as part of a manual trans conversion kit from Silver Sport Transmission, I didn't have to modify the firewall at all to get it to fit. It's mated to a 6.1 Gen3 Hemi.

I have modified the firewall in other ways - sealed up the original A/C hole (using a Vintage Air system instead) - I'm going for a clean firewall.
-Aron

Last edited:
There are multiple sealed small boxes available online for your electronics. Under the battery tray if you aren't moving it to the trunk.
Mike
Hey Mike,
I'm going to use an Infinity Box wiring harness system, and I am planning to move the battery to the trunk. Any links or company names for those sealed electronics boxes?
Thanks!
-Aron

I just wrapped up my Infinity Box install. The front power cell should be in the front of the car. Now, I did not have all the room you have behind the grill so my PC is under the dash. You need to keep the PCs cool so putting them in a box will not work. You also need access to check any problems and fuses. I used a aluminum shield on my 65 Coronet to hide the coil in the engine compartment.
Mike
IMG_1961.JPG

I just wrapped up my Infinity Box install. The front power cell should be in the front of the car. Now, I did not have all the room you have behind the grill so my PC is under the dash. You need to keep the PCs cool so putting them in a box will not work. You also need access to check any problems and fuses. I used a aluminum shield on my 65 Coronet to hide the coil in the engine compartment.
Mike
View attachment 1461380
Wow, really nice build Mike. I really like that aluminum shield. I am thinking about a similar shield for my gas lines as they pass near the headers when they reach the engine bay.

I plan to put my infinity box power cell for the front electronics (Box 1 of 2) in the dash area behind the firewall in the cabin - or on the console somewhere.

Wow, really nice build Mike. I really like that aluminum shield. I am thinking about a similar shield for my gas lines as they pass near the headers when they reach the engine bay.

I plan to put my infinity box power cell for the front electronics (Box 1 of 2) in the dash area behind the firewall in the cabin - or on the console somewhere.
I mounted my front cell on a bracket that covers the E-brake pedal assy. My Master cell is on a panel behind the glove box door. I built a console with a box on top for storage.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back