• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts ruined in shipping, FBBO Member refuses refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I just bought a part from the seller. Complete and total satisfactory experience. Was as described and the price was fair.
Not trying to start anything either way. Just relaying my very recent experience.

Jesus Chrysler. Can the op change the thread title or am I confused again.

Try buying something from Summit, and then see if they will give you a refund when the package never arrives, as documented by the tracking number. Ain't going to happen. They will tell you you have to take it up with the shipping company...been there
That happened to me a few years ago also. Summit told me to contact the local Police to find the package...they washed their hands of the non-delivery. Fortunately it was a shipping yard's mix-up, and the package turned up a week later.

I've been informed by FedEx that the package has been found and is scheduled to be delivered 6/26. Maybe they read the thread.

Sorry. My mistake. I asked FedEx to email updates. The email they sent is about a different item.

Slander before final outcome is bullshit. This should be an example of how not to tell a story of shipping parts through conventional carriers. I think most of us as buyers are well aware of parts value and take it upon ourselves to make the call on insurance, the shipper and cost associated. And personally, if a seller sends me a pic of the package and the tracking slip, I consider his part done. If it gets lost in transit, how can I consider him responsible? Regardless of laws. It’s just unrealistic. But hey, that is just my opinion.

I have sold and shipped all sorts of stuff through the Post office and Greyhound. I often text pictures of the package before shipping and then the tracking number on the receipt. I have only had one complaint and that was a fender that got a small dent in it. It went from CA to Tennessee so it was not a surprise to see some small damage.

I was wondering how long a dead horse could be beaten..... I see there’s still no definitive answer......

Slander before final outcome is bullshit. This should be an example of how not to tell a story of shipping parts through conventional carriers. I think most of us as buyers are well aware of parts value and take it upon ourselves to make the call on insurance, the shipper and cost associated. And personally, if a seller sends me a pic of the package and the tracking slip, I consider his part done. If it gets lost in transit, how can I consider him responsible? Regardless of laws. It’s just unrealistic. But hey, that is just my opinion.

This !!

Something Lost in shipping is WAY DIFFERENT than being damaged in shipping. It's the difference between telling the truth and lying. That being said what a......
3q52Dkr5nBe3xY4zygt1mK63YM5nVPz9gNpjvdtkNcwAp5w9uKxvnKedVqdsF8dDtg9xv2V3BEb6N.png

I now know less about this after reading it, then when I started.

I now know less about this after reading it, then when I started.
Sure you have! Don't buy or sell parts that have to be mailed, and this won't have these types of problems!

Sure you have! Don't buy or sell parts that have to be mailed, and this won't have these types of problems!
Actually, I guess I've been lucky. I've had enough stuff mailed to me to build at least two cars, complete, and Lord knows everything else in all my homes over the years. I never sell anything by mail, I either give it away or if it's a big dollar item, sell to someone I know. I bought the 500 stainless rocker trim for my Coronet from someone on here and now he knows how I roll and I know how he rolls, perfect!

Just to update and clarify some things. I did purchase insurance on the package at my cost.I have filed a claim with the shipping company. In speaking with the shipping rep yesterday they are asking why the name on the PayPal account doesn't match the name on the shipping address. I have dealt with shipping companies in the past and my experience has been that they will use any loophole to avoid paying a claim. So I will now issue a refund when the shipping company issues me a refund. This also goes a long way in explaining why partsmonsta tried to claim a refund from PayPal by saying it was a unauthorized transaction.

Although it is not the case here l was wondering if someone could purchase an item, pay for it using someone elses PayPal. Then once the item is in transit claim it was an unauthorized transaction. Get a refund and the item for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back