• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts ruined in shipping, FBBO Member refuses refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to update and clarify some things. I did purchase insurance on the package at my cost.I have filed a claim with the shipping company. In speaking with the shipping rep yesterday they are asking why the name on the PayPal account doesn't match the name on the shipping address. I have dealt with shipping companies in the past and my experience has been that they will use any loophole to avoid paying a claim. So I will now issue a refund when the shipping company issues me a refund. This also goes a long way in explaining why partsmonsta tried to claim a refund from PayPal by saying it was a unauthorized transaction.
okay,please!! pardon me,
but im tired,its been another long day at work and im probably stupid for asking this but??
was it Your account or His account that didnt have the correct name on it?
im surmising from the next post you made it was his?
because if so then thats a whole nother can of worms...

and,the fact that you Did buy insurance should lay any others doubts to rest about your integrity...ty for letting us know.

Holy Chit! Anyone ever figure out who Mark was? I usually ship USPS and less often UPS, and have had zero issues for over 25 years. I insure the item for its value (after one bad experience). It seems to cover the chance of some shady schmuck saying he didn't get the delivery to cover my ***. Odds are there will be some mishap and ain't nothing to avoid it...gazillions of shipments go fine. I had one guy, some chinck *** who I sold a bunch of stuff to him on eBay and forgot to include one item in the shipment. He friggin immediately posts a bad review before I could respond and shipped the ****** the part that I forgot to include. I said why didn't you just tell me that part wasn't in the shipment; it was a mistake and made good once I found out. Too late for the **** feedback so my 20 + year 100% dropped to like 99%. Not a big deal; but irritating. So I gave him a **** review too and then he gets pissed at me. I replied figure it out; next time don't get all in a panic before ya find out what the friggin issue is.

back when ebay and paypal used to take their fees right away,i got tanked for 3 nonpaying bidders at once,and they took 30 days to return my money from my account too.
between that and the guy who gave me a negative feedback over a 99 cent glass dog,
also without any contact nor warning,was enough to turn me off ebay selling forever.
i too,had a 100 rating till that udder douschenozzle.

speaking of douschenozzles...im thinking about this whole thread and topic,
and its Ironic that the Op called this seller guy out,publicly,only to find himself Outed bigtime.
seller did nothing wrong here.

buyer,on the other hand..
lied about the package even being " ruined "
lied about whos fault it was on the paypal account.
lied about the seller himself.
and lied to us,the rest of the members reading this.
i guess we should thank him for showing us whats really up.:bs_flag:

Never delivered. Which makes it more of a DONE DEAL for refund.
Was probably F'd up due to bad packaging. These Surrounds are long and not EZ to package for shipping.
But obviously, this is an assumption, since I never received anything.

I've been on the other side and have promptly refunded after waiting a coupla weeks, waiting on a super slow delivery. Sometimes you just gotta admit defeat with these shipping companies and move on. It's all part of selling parts. Especially when it is obvious.

View attachment 785040

Honestly guys...and I mean HONEST!
I have received so many items VIA Fed Ex...that needed to be returned due to Damage During Shipping!
Most recent?
An order from Cabela's Bass Pro Shops.
A $184 fishing rod and reel combo set.
Box was 7 ft long, well packed by Cabela's and yet, a MONSTER Size (like my size 12 EEEs) Foot Print right in the middle of the Box!
The fishing rod was cracked in half!
Also, numerous other boxes I have had with damage.
Granted: I was ordering from a Big Company.
But, with UPS and USPS...never an issue
Furthermore (HONESTLY) I glimpsed into the back of the Fed Ex van one day and ALL the Boxes were on the floor in a pile...
Why did I look?
Because I had received a Box 2 weeks earlier and it had foot prints on it also.

I Blame Fed Ex!
And, I have a Fed Ex business account here at High Desert Classics...

Going on 2 months with this debacle.
Seller has agreed to pay back parts lost by FedEx twice and reneged twice.

Get this, now Seller has come up with the cheesy idea to file insurance (2 month into this).
Any respectable Seller would refund $765 payment and then use the insurance payment for personal reimbursement.

One wouldn't expect conduct like this from a Gold Member. That was my original reason to buy from this Guy.

I guess it all comes down to one question: Is your FBBO Membership more important than $765?

Apparently not to this Guy. He thinks he can weasel his way back under another user ID, but FBBO is smarter than that. I guess he'll hafta find out the hard way.

reneg-01A.jpg reneg-02.jpg

He lives in Canada, you live in Florida. You'll loose tracking info in and out of the country.

He seems like a stand-up member looking at his post and transactions. Waiting for his reply...
He is NOT a stand up Guy. Agreed to pay twice, has reneged twice.
Now has decided to file insurance claim 2 months into this, which is just another stall tactic. Waiting for the problem to go away.
You wouldnt expect conduct like this from a Gold Member.

You wouldnt expect conduct like this from a Gold Member.
Sorry to read about this entire deal and how it went south for you...but PLEASE do not make comparisons between Gold Memberships and "bad traders" here at FBBO or any of the sister sites. Gold Membership does not guarantee the integrity of a person. It merely demonstrates that this person is a regular contributor who has either been gifted the membership, or paid for one to have the ability to enjoy the extra perks of the site.
In no way does it guarantee that a person is honest or not. I have had a few trades here with non-Gold members, and they have all gone well....bar one.

BTW, bringing a dispute here in the manner in which you have done is not a healthy way to sort these issues out. These matters are best left private where possible, as the Kangaroo Court here will tear both parties to pieces, and leave nothing but a sour taste for some.

My 2 cents worth. :)

Sorry to read about this entire deal and how it went south for you...but PLEASE do not make comparisons between Gold Memberships and "bad traders" here at FBBO or any of the sister sites. Gold Membership does not guarantee the integrity of a person. It merely demonstrates that this person is a regular contributor who has either been gifted the membership, or paid for one to have the ability to enjoy the extra perks of the site.
In no way does it guarantee that a person is honest or not. I have had a few trades here with non-Gold members, and they have all gone well....bar one.

BTW, bringing a dispute here in the manner in which you have done is not a healthy way to sort these issues out. These matters are best left private where possible, as the Kangaroo Court here will tear both parties to pieces, and leave nothing but a sour taste for some.

My 2 cents worth. :)
I was left no other option than to bring it here onto FBBO.
Admin (Chango) has been a major help, contacting the member as an impartial third party, but I wanted to publicize this.
I think Members need to know what a ScumBag this Guy truly is.
Hard to believe he makes a living selling parts, even has a website.
I was a patient Gentleman until recently, patiently asking to settle this and MOVE ON many, many times.

I was left no other option than to bring it here onto FBBO.
Admin (Chango) has been a major help, contacting the member as an impartial third party, but I wanted to publicize this.
I think Members need to know what a ScumBag this Guy truly is.
Hard to believe he makes a living selling parts, even has a website.
I was a patient Gentleman until recently, patiently asking to settle this and MOVE ON many, many times.
Frankly we’re all tired of hearing about this beef. You made your point ad nauseam. It’s time for you guys to make this private again and move on.

you must be the worlds Dumbest criminal ever....Look at your Own Evidence.
you outlined the part that you liked in the email and ignored the part where he Clearly says you Would have been paid back Already by Paypal had You not pulled that Stunt with lying to Paypal!!

and now here you are Again,tearing the seller down?
honestly,the Admin should throw you right the he** out of here.

I honestly think that he could tear up a crowbar in a sandbox! Think about it for a second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back