• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peak Trim Removal

Charger Ted

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
I have the trim removed from the J-trim in rear to the doors. I have also removed the nut on the trim piece at both ends of the door. I can't seem to pop the trim piece off and am afraid of bending it. Is there a trick to getting this off the car. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Charger Ted

What year and model car?
66 Charger. I found how to get it off. It had more like on both ends. 7 or 8 nuts to take off. I thought it was a different kind of attachment.
Thanks
Ted

Any tips on the fender trim removal? 66 Charger.
TIA Charger Ted

Any tips on the fender trim removal? 66 Charger.
TIA Charger Ted
It's the same as the door, but maybe someone put bolt on clips after the fact. One nut on the end.
Have to look up under the fender and see

Use a nylon pry bar to pop up the trim.
H82f2ed5a1ce54900895670cd732794f5F.jpg_960x960.jpg

This is what you are working with that attach the remainder of the trim:
1675368166025.jpeg
And you are going to need to purchase some new ones since most will get damaged in some way popping them.

Last edited:
So I got the nuts off of the studs on the fender from the wheel well. There are still some left in the front of the fender (the short piece) and one I think by the antenna. I read some where that I would have to remove the splash shield. What is, where is, and how to. Also got the new clips from Mega Parts. Thats the way I am going on this project. TIA Charger Ted

So I got the nuts off of the studs on the fender from the wheel well. There are still some left in the front of the fender (the short piece) and one I think by the antenna. I read some where that I would have to remove the splash shield. What is, where is, and how to. Also got the new clips from Mega Parts. Thats the way I am going on this project. TIA Charger Ted
The splash shield is behind the headlights and is bolted on.it will have a rubber seal that clips to it. The other back shields are bolted on also.

The splash shield is behind the headlights and is bolted on.it will have a rubber seal that clips to it. The other back shields are bolted on also.
Thank You. Will try to get to it tomorrow.

I have the trim removed from the J-trim in rear to the doors. I have also removed the nut on the trim piece at both ends of the door. I can't seem to pop the trim piece off and am afraid of bending it. Is there a trick to getting this off the car. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Charger Ted
Have you removed the trim yet?

If you can, look up towards the mouldings clips on the top of the door from inside. You should see white pins/clips. If the mouldings have been changed you might see studs with nuts, those you would have to unscrew.
If you have the factory clips, you should be able to gently pry the moulding off.
Those Moulding clips.
If they aren’t brittle. You can carefully drive the pin out with a small flat nosed punch. Carefully squeeze the prongs from underneath and push up. And you can reuse them, I try to use as many original parts as I can.
One slight benefit we have is that we don’t have extreme heat to burn or make things brittle.
TRUST Maxrats Advice!

Have you removed the trim yet?
Yes I finally got the trim off and it is at the polishing and straightening shop. Not cheap. All of the pieces from the door to the front were put on with the threaded connector. Some were 3/8 nuts others were 5/16. I removed the door panels and got those nuts very easy. The fender was another matter. Had to take splash shields off and got most of them. The front two I was able to slide the trim forward and the slip off the connectors. Then grind off the head and pop the connector down into the wheel well. Further back I was able to move trim back and fourth until it popped off connector. Also had to grind it. I now have new and correct connectors from MEGA Parts and will put it back as it should have been. What should have been a one day job turned into a week and a half. Thanks for all the help and asking.
Ted

Auto Transport Service
Back