• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pentastar Silver or Gold?

mbc0724

Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
What is the correct Chrysler Pentastar color for the right fender on a 1971 B body? Thanks!

Here is a good pic of one I sold for reference if wanting an OEM appearance cause there is some HORRIBLE reproductions out there...

1716150634549.png

I have one of those that's metal and not just plated plastic. Are the plastic ones repros?
IRRC, the gold cover was metal but the backing was plastic....at least it was like that on the 70 and newer cars....

IRRC, the gold cover was metal but the backing was plastic....at least it was like that on the 70 and newer cars....
I'll take some pics later and upload them. All of them have the black plastic base, but all but one are very lightweight and I assume are either plated plastic or very thin aluminum. The one I'm keeping for Grendel is clearly a nicer emblem and shiny gold metal.

Here are some pics to add to the discussion. The one on the right looks like it's a thin, platinum or champagne-colored aluminum cap with a full black plastic base. The interesting one is the left one, which is shiny gold metal, noticeably heavier, and appears to be a solid metal piece with just a thin gasket or adhesive tape backing it. I've seen a bunch like the one on the right, but only have one like the gold one on the left. Neither is magnetic, which kinda surprised me, I figured the gold one might be magnetic...maybe it's brass?

PentastarEmblems1.JPG

PentastarEmblems2.JPG

Anybody know which cars might've had the nicer brass Pentastar badge? I remember back in the 80's at the local pick-a-part, I *cough* pocketed some of these when I found them. Were they ever used on the luxury cars like the C-Bodies? I also picked up a few pop-up headlight motors from those land yachts that had a nice protective rubber boot, most headlight motors I've seen didn't have those boots.

Anybody know which cars might've had the nicer brass Pentastar badge? I remember back in the 80's at the local pick-a-part, I *cough* pocketed some of these when I found them. Were they ever used on the luxury cars like the C-Bodies? I also picked up a few pop-up headlight motors from those land yachts that had a nice protective rubber boot, most headlight motors I've seen didn't have those boots.
IIRC my dad's 69 New Yorker had one.....
Post #7 in this topic shows the higher-quality metal (brass?) Pentastar emblem like the one on the right in my pic. It would seem this emblem was the original design, so maybe only on early to mid-60's cars.

Pentastar Emblem
I remember pulling a few off of early 70's cars and they looked like the metal ones so they might have been.

Auto Transport Service
Back