• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People losing power and my generator took a dump

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
So far so good with my power staying on but there are so many people that I know that's lost theirs. I had let my gen sit too long without starting it so I bought a new carb and 3 years later it got installed. Yeah, I know. Got it running good late this summer and then did a test run day before yesterday and it was fine....for about 5 minutes and that's when the gen decided to let out it's smoke. :( Hope I don't have to uncap my fire place plus I don't have that much firewood either since I don't lite up my smoker much these days.

Sorry, I know from experience that's nerve wracking. Wish I was closer and I'd gladly run one (or two) over your way. Hope things settle down a bit for you soon.

Years back after a bad snow/ice storm I found myself trying to keep the house warm with decorator logs and some limited real firewood. All the generators around had been sold out. The local Sears store had a truck load come in two days later and I found myself paying a ridiculous price for a refurbished generator. I still get mad thinking about it.

Anyway, the kids now tease me all the time about my generator fascination. I have 5 on hand. Peaked out my collection at 8 but finally sold off 3 of them. Run them all twice a year to make sure they're good to go. I was just this morning looking at generators on craigslist again though. I'm sick, I need help.

I’m just outside of Houston and have a 48 KW Generac, power went off at 2:40 am generator turned on so we are good. Used all the cable i could find and helped two neighbors get their furnace working. was ready for Hurricanes never thought I would need in the winter.

Not good to let the "Blue Smoke" out! Hope it warms up for you and everyone else soon!
By the end of the week it's supposed to be 33 up here in Chicano.

Looking to warm up considerably next week, hold in there.

We used to have power outages often being one of the very last houses on this line, evidently they got enough complaints because they put up new lines and started clearing trees. Nothing worse than loosing electric in the winter!

Hoping you are all ok, we are under a storm warning starting at 7:00 this evening but found that we will have several storms hit is during the week.

I am right here with ya Red ! It is supposed to start around 7PM until early tomorrow afternoon. anywhere from 4-16 inches predicted, we will have to wait and see. Tractor plow is ready and so is generator.

Hope you other fellas (cranky) make it through your storm ok

I have 2 generators . I do my best (try)to run and check output on a monthly basis.

@Cranky time to take a vacation! Fl is great right now! The P dog is welcome to!
Bring the cars too my rental property is vacant and has a garage!

we have it mild now

like 45* a lil' drizzle

I saw all the cold spell arctic storm flow stuff on the news
1st time in like 30 years, Texas's all 54 co.'s (?)
under emergency weather warnings

Global Warning :poke:

We've been in the new house for 15 months now and haven't lost power yet, but when we do, I'm ready.

PXL_20210215_214310470.jpg

To all of you who are out there in the middle of all the BS, I hope the best, because this all sucks, bad!!

My last purchased gen. is a dual fuel, gas and propane. Just got a used 500 gallon propane tank delivered yesterday. Will be busy getting my new rig setup asap. But, usually by March, us down here in the south are out of the real bad winter weather.....hang in there my Texas neighbors, hopefully just a short bit longer.....

My son lives in NW AL. Power is out all over. My daughter in law is trapped at work the roads are so icy.

We are in the South West Power Pool. Starts in north Texas and goes all the way to Canada. There will be roaming power outages do to high power demands. Outages are supposed to last anywhere for 20 to 60 minutes. Also been asked to conserve utilities to prevent mass outages.
We are presently going threw one of the coldest and longest stretch's recorded.
This is the first I ever remember induced power outages in this region.
This must have been created by the global warming idiots.

We are in the South West Power Pool. Starts in north Texas and goes all the way to Canada. There will be roaming power outages do to high power demands. Outages are supposed to last anywhere for 20 to 60 minutes. Also been asked to conserve utilities to prevent mass outages.
We are presently going threw one of the coldest and longest stretch's recorded.
This is the first I ever remember induced power outages in this region.
This must have been created by the global warming idiots.

Wait till they start charging all their electric cars too. It will be even worse.

We are having a few area's experiencing rolling planned outages. The load on the grid is maxed out due to the demand produced by all the total electric homes here. It's sad really, go green they said. But what they didn't say is we aren't ready yet.
:bs:

So far so good with my power staying on but there are so many people that I know that's lost theirs. I had let my gen sit too long without starting it so I bought a new carb and 3 years later it got installed. Yeah, I know. Got it running good late this summer and then did a test run day before yesterday and it was fine....for about 5 minutes and that's when the gen decided to let out it's smoke. :( Hope I don't have to uncap my fire place plus I don't have that much firewood either since I don't lite up my smoker much these days.
Just be glad you don't have one of those Electric cars that the global warming fanatics love so much. :rofl::rofl:

We are having a few area's experiencing rolling planned outages. The load on the grid is maxed out due to the demand produced by all the total electric homes here. It's sad really, go green they said. But what they didn't say is we aren't ready yet.
:bs:
You're right, we're not ready yet. Infrastructure first, then we'll Talk.

Auto Transport Service
Back