• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People losing power and my generator took a dump

Got another gen within 8 hours of it messing up but wasn't able to get the temp of the house up to a good temp to help the pipes in the attic stay above freezing by much but I guess it was enough. Think I'd rather have hurricanes lol

I was listening to Glen Beck the other day and I believe it was his sidekick talking about how he lost power and heat. Pipes in the attic busted, went for the shutoff valve and it was frozen, wouldn't turn. Had the city come out to shut off the main. His whole house was flooded 6 inches deep. Later he found out he was trying to turn off the wrong valve because the one he needed was for the sprinkler system, not the house.

Then he realized that over the last two years, doing thousands of dollars of remodeling, the insurance company is going to do it all over again, for free. What a mess.

Glad you faired out ok:thumbsup:

I was listening to Glen Beck the other day and I believe it was his sidekick talking about how he lost power and heat. Pipes in the attic busted, went for the shutoff valve and it was frozen, wouldn't turn. Had the city come out to shut off the main. His whole house was flooded 6 inches deep. Later he found out he was trying to turn off the wrong valve because the one he needed was for the sprinkler system, not the house.

Then he realized that over the last two years, doing thousands of dollars of remodeling, the insurance company is going to do it all over again, for free. What a mess.

Glad you faired out ok:thumbsup:
I hope the city sends him a bill for shutting the water off and charges a reconnection and water line test fee.

I have 3 of them P dogs lol. Tell me about the rental property and the size of the garage!

2 5 4 counties! And yes, all of them were under storm warnings.....

Made it through without any damage but man, I'm worn out now from not much sleep and making sure everything wasn't freezing up. I have 4 outside faucets and had them all wrapped up good but when the power went down, that's when I started to worry because my gen had crapped out too. Got another gen within 8 hours of it messing up but wasn't able to get the temp of the house up to a good temp to help the pipes in the attic stay above freezing by much but I guess it was enough. Think I'd rather have hurricanes lol

It's a trailer/manufactured home .
Has a two car garage but front to back not side by side has a car port on side with concrete base house itself isn't huge1200-1300sqft huge room on front I was thinking of turning it into another garage down to road 3 bed 2 bath like I said kinda small but does the trick I just renovated it and just re touched it up from my recent tenants!

Auto Transport Service
Back