• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Performance 4bbl intake manifold for 318

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showing your lack of knowledge here.
The Police spec Diplomat and Gran Fury from 1980-89 used a 318 with a 4 barrel carburetor. First they used the Carter ThermoQuad, then they switched to the Rochester Quadrajet when Carter Carburetion closed their doors.
The 318 4 barrel engine used an iron intake manifold.
The Edelbrock Performer 318-360 was essentially a stock replacement intake in aluminum since the port sizes of the 318 and 360 were similar. The chamber sizes of the heads were different but the intake ports were close in size.
Educate yourself before coming here with single digit post counts and trying to play bad ***.
You will only alienate yourself with arrogance here.

Dodge did not make a dedicated 318 4bbl intake. They used a 360 4bbl intake on the 318's I have educated myself. Maybe you should do the same.

And yes it is a LA engine. I'd guess 90% of 318's around today are LA engines. Polyspherical 318's are rare. If I had a 318 poly, I would have surely said that it was a 318 poly.

Yeah, there is THAT too.
I guess the guy thinks that WE should be the ones asking questions to help HIM out.

Nope. I just wanted people to respond if they had an intake that would work for a 318. And had someone asked me if it was a poly or not I would have answered. Though as I said before if it was a poly, I would have said so. I just didn't appreciate the comment of being told to check Summit or Jegs. I had already checked them out. Prefer to find one used at a better price if I can. Which I am sure 99.9% of people would if they needed one.

The Performer by Edelbrock,#2176 is of the small port design. It works well on the stock 318 heads.Used you can find them in the $125 up range. I picked mine up for 100 bucks.Works for me.
IMG_2801.jpg
Good luck on your hunt.

Thing is u should throw away stock 318 heads and find a set of 340 or 360 J heads.
Much better !

Thing is u should throw away stock 318 heads and find a set of 340 or 360 J heads.
Much better !

To be honest, I'm not so sure it is a 318 or at least a stock 318. It sounds too beefy to be stock if it is a 318. I bought the car and the guy I bought it from said another guy had did a partial restore. But he didn't know much about what the guy did for some reason.

It will say on side of block. 318, 340 or 360 !

Yeah I need to clean the block and look. I need to degrease the engine. Planning on doing that tomorrow. I did get a price on getting duals ran..The more I drive the car, the more I'm leaning towards just keeping the 2bbl..It sounds really good. Has a deep rumble to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back