• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

petronic distributor

paul1969cars

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Morning

I had pertronic ignition added to my stock distributor for my 1969 383.
I need to provide 12v switched power for the red lead to distributor.

Where should i get that on the firewall.

I see that there is switched 12 volt at both sides of ballast resistor and at voltage regulator

Red wire to coil +, black wire to coil -. Bypass the stock ballast resistor.

Morning

I had pertronic ignition added to my stock distributor for my 1969 383.
I need to provide 12v switched power for the red lead to distributor.

Where should i get that on the firewall.

I see that there is switched 12 volt at both sides of ballast resistor and at voltage regulator
Feed both the coil and distributor from the switched side of the voltage regulator. Take the black from the distributor to the neg of coil. And that’s it. Do not ground as it will bring down the voltage. Pertronix needs the full 12 volts to function properly. Delete unnecessary wiring to clean up the bay a bit

Feed both the coil and distributor from the switched side of the voltage regulator. Take the black from the distributor to the neg of coil. And that’s it. Do not ground as it will bring down the voltage. Pertronix needs the full 12 volts to function properly. Delete unnecessary wiring to clean up the bay a bit
thanks

Just for a visual

83EAA276-6F3C-499F-AB4E-AA61525D0ADB.jpeg

When I did my distributor on my 1969 383, in the fine print at the bottom of an ad, it would always say NOT FOR 1969 383. That was for a whole distributor. My dizzy was messed up so I had to send it to an excellent distributor guy, I think in Ohio and he rebuilt mine with parts and added the Pertronix stuff.

Auto Transport Service
Back