• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG Classics Air Grabber Stuff

moopa

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Anyone tried these guys out for repo air grabber parts?400.00 seems not too bad for the bulge and flapper door, or the whole kit for 1350.00 The advantage to me is saving on import/brokerage charges and fees,since they are in Canada.

http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=519

I'm looking for advice for converting regular 72 satellite hood to air grabber, without paying for hi-dollar originals. Also any one know if there's a template for cutting hole in hood, and for drilling mounting holes?
Thanks folks.
Mark

100_1856.jpg

100_1857.jpg

BuckNeccid - I think I asked you this before and you said you wanted to sell everything as a complete unit but just in case, if you wanna let go of your air cleaner assembly, I'll give you $400 for it.

Moopa - It just so happens I need to pull my bubble off and restore my air grabber. You can measure to your hearts content. Hows that for handy?

BuckNeccid - I think I asked you this before and you said you wanted to sell everything as a complete unit but just in case, if you wanna let go of your air cleaner assembly, I'll give you $400 for it.

Moopa - It just so happens I need to pull my bubble off and restore my air grabber. You can measure to your hearts content. Hows that for handy?
awesome....that'll be very handy indeed!

here is what I have to do to make my air grabber hood , We made it before they made these kits .
Wow, what a ton of work! Great stuff...I'm not a good body guy, si I hope I onlt have to drill a few holes, and cut the center of the hood out!
Mark

Wow, what a ton of work! Great stuff...I'm not a good body guy, si I hope I onlt have to drill a few holes, and cut the center of the hood out!
Mark

well my real superbird hood was butchered with an aweful sixpack scoope , they hacked up the center of the hood and just folded the excess metal under. It was all jagged and nasty. So this was my best idea to save the hood . I love it

sixpkbirddcydc.jpg

Attachments

• six pack7-16-2007dc.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,447
Hey Stuart, GREAT save on the hood ! that Booger was nasty !, I can't believe someone did that to an original Superbird hood !

well the car was know to be like that since the mid 70's and them in 79 it was t boned and crushed , Back then they were just another used car . I am just luck the guy at the body shop saved all the good parts off it and stored them for 20 years . The nose hung in the rafters of his shop all that time .

1st celling curts shopdc.jpg

1st house drive.jpg

1strayt5.jpg

Attachments

• 1st wingo.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,426
Nice work on the hood! I like it! Question: on the spot welds, did you close up the entire welded area with spot welds until it was completely sealed with metal, or, did you use a filler between the welded in spot/tack welds?

What a feat, good job!
Anyone with a comment on the PG repops?
Mark

I have used PG Classics repop stuff all the time on my cars and customers cars, no complaints here, the quality is above and beyond most reproduction stuff on the market today. the fit and finish is dead on. what more can you ask for.

I have used PG Classics repop stuff all the time on my cars and customers cars, no complaints here, the quality is above and beyond most reproduction stuff on the market today. the fit and finish is dead on. what more can you ask for.

That's great to know...thanks for the info.
Mark

Auto Transport Service
Back