• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up another one last weekend.

Magnes

Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
There's a guy who lives about an hour and a half away from me who has a field of 100+ Mopars. He saves many from the scrappers and puts them on his land for safe keeping. In addition to that he also picks up people's projects and re-sells them. I bought my 72 Satellite Sebring Parts car from him last year when I was building the black 72 Roadrunner Clone that I have since sold. Anyway he called me a couple weeks ago and said he had a good project for me. I went and looked... 71 Satellite Sebring. Has a STRONG 440, 727, and 8 3/4.

315fj29.jpg

The interior is pretty nice. A couple tears in the headliner and the gauge face had been torn up for a more modern stereo. The body is solid. Not one spot of rust on the entire car. The guy had the quarter panel replaced because of a dent. That hood was hideous though...

While we were looking, my wife fell in love with a very nice 77 Ramcharger 4x4. We got him to do a combo-deal for us and the prices of each car fell significantly enough for us to go ahead and buy both.

The guy was nice and I talked him into throwing in all the missing trim and stuff for no extra. I couldn't stand that hood though so we looked around and we found a nice 71-72 Roadrunner hood and I paid extra for it. Anyway, we got them both home this weekend and now our driveway is STACKED with Mopars.

In the picture below, you can see the 77 Ramcharger, the 73 Cuda, the 72 Satellite Sebring Plus, and the 71 Satellite Sebring. Sitting just out of frame is the 72 Satellite Sebring parts car.

fvdxl2.jpg

The red 72 Satellite Sebring Plus is my "barn find" that I picked up less than a month ago. I have that car running great now. Had to basically install a whole new brake system in that over the last week or so. It drove today for the first time in who knows how many years. Another very solid car with a lot of potential.

So anyway, I thought you guys would enjoy checking them out. I have a busy Summer ahead of me. Looks like I have 3 paint jobs to do before it turns cold again. I made this video and in it, you can hear the 71 run. I didn't really notice the school bus pull up behind me right before I fired it up. I scared the be-jeezus out of those kids and my neighbor (their mom) was staring daggers at me... Ooops.

[video=youtube;1m9hrZyuFpQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9hrZyuFpQ&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Nice collection you have there. If you ever get back to his field and see a 73 Charger Rallye please send me a message. Up here in the North (WI) fields are usually covered with rust or the cars have been scrapped years ago. I am keeping my eyes open but the idiots on eBay think their cars are worth 20 grand and in my opinion they should have been scrapped.

Nice collection you have there. If you ever get back to his field and see a 73 Charger Rallye please send me a message. Up here in the North (WI) fields are usually covered with rust or the cars have been scrapped years ago. I am keeping my eyes open but the idiots on eBay think their cars are worth 20 grand and in my opinion they should have been scrapped.

I've never really messed with the 71-74 Chargers but he has a whole mess of them... Here's SOME of them.

iohqtk.jpg

m73qfc.jpg

2s0zlmt.jpg

34pffoo.jpg

There's more out there. Most all of those pictured need full on restorations. He gets others in. He had a real nice 72 a while back. Send me a PM with what exactly you are looking for, looking to spend and if I run across anything down here I will let you know. My hands are full with projects for this year but I am always looking around... If I see something you might like, I will let you know. It's all about saving these cars and helping others.

That 440 sounds rowdy. Bet the neighbors bring you baked goods everyday they love you so much. lol

whats the exhaust on that thing? sounds fantastic!!

Very, VERY cool.

I wish I had enough space to do that.

I find them every now and then, but can only keep so many.

I may have to talk to you about a trip up there to look for parts for my projects.

Would he have wheel trim for a 71?

Thanks for the compliments! As for the exhaust... There isn't much of one, lol. It's just the headers. Probably the first thing I will have to do to that car is put an exhaust on it. It rattles the windows and the neighbors come outside when I fire it up. I've got to do the wife's Ramcharger before I can mess with my new toy 71.

And to the guys wanting parts... Send me a PM with a parts wanted list, include your name and phone number. When I go back down there (in the next couple of weeks) I will print out your lists with your contact info and give it to him. At his request, I do not give out his phone number or address online. I'm sure you all can understand... He doesn't want a bunch of people calling him or asking to come out and kick the tires. He doesn't advertise because he doesn't want everyone in the world to know what he has and where he has it. I am lucky he contacted me through the grape vine and allowed me to come out. He likes me because I am a serious buyer/builder and I bring cash, lol. So send that info and I will do my best to help you all out.

Thanks for the compliments! As for the exhaust... There isn't much of one, lol. It's just the headers. Probably the first thing I will have to do to that car is put an exhaust on it. It rattles the windows and the neighbors come outside when I fire it up. I've got to do the wife's Ramcharger before I can mess with my new toy 71.

Sounds exactly like my '72. Same thing, nasty 440 with straight headers :lol: The GF wasn't home when I first got it, and the first time I went out and fired it up, she came out screaming because everything in the house was shaking. :lol:

Great stack of projects, can't wait to see how they turn out, based on your others.

Auto Transport Service
Back