• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

5C7FA5FB-0EF1-456C-8C2E-C20C6312AF7B.jpeg

Thank you everyone who contributed to this thread. I really enjoy the "trip back" when I check it out!
I'd go back and do it all again in a heartbeat...

I wonder what the story is behind that?
May have been an unattended roll-away?

Saw that once at a big (over 1200 cars and like 8,000 attendees) show at the local Memory Lane
some years ago. As you might imagine, there's not much level/flat land around here, so the show
being held at a local private owners' land meant cars were displayed on hillsides, ridges, ravines...

A fellow with a gorgeous t-bucket of some sort had parked in his group on a particularly picturesque
incline and gone off wandering.
Sure enough, we all heard a commotion a bit later and turned to see that car had somehow busted
loose from its' parking brake or what have you and had picked up quite a bit of steam coming off
that hill - and despite people all along its' route trying to stop the thing, it instead dove headfirst
right off the embankment and straight into the creek that dissected the property - a pretty good
fall of a dozen feet straight down or so.

Being that this is the polite south and all, I don't recall anyone laughing about it (or at his expense)
but I do remember a bunch of us down in that creek, helping to get the thing pulled out of there.
As mashed as that pretty nose was, the thing did crank up and run once we got it back up on dry
land - but it did also have to be towed home, albeit on the back of a beautiful restored 50's wrecker,
of course.

Everytime I park Fred somewhere to this day, level land or not, I remember that day - and I don't
trust the parking brake alone, but rather stick him in reverse as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back