• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

E1D1C287-2B8A-4E08-8640-8EF738DE4ED9.jpeg

Ahhhhhh 1977 , I was 17 and had a V code , Super Track Pack RR . If only I knew .........

DSCN2670.JPG

Shot my Mom took in '79 or '80. Not impressed with my home at 6AM, from all night beer cruises in the Bee, then right up the street to jump in my bosses truck to install pools at 7. She asked "is this what you're gonna do all summer" and my reply was...it seems to be working so far! :thumbsup:
throwbackthursdays 043.JPG

Last edited:
Doze were da dayz my friends...we thought they'd never end...

20 years ago when we moved into our house. Late at night after we got everything moved in I took these pictures. Forgot about them until I found them tonight while cleaning the garage.
2640DFFE-6224-4277-8A2A-77C4B43D5625.png
1AA288CD-3009-4B3B-B9F8-E56A91E47E18.png

Look at the gas prices - 44 cents for premium!!! :eek:
I saw the 44, but I saw a hint of Canada flags. So, 44 what per unit of what measure?

Still, probably cheap:)

I saw the 44, but I saw a hint of Canada flags. So, 44 what per unit of what measure?

Still, probably cheap:)
Ah, yes - good eye! :canada:

I just looked it up and it said Canada started slowly moving to the metric system in 1975. My recollection was that signs had both miles and kilometers on them for some number of years, and then eventually the miles were dropped.
Not sure how gas was dispensed though. But I'll assume it was still gallons in that picture because it make me happy to think of gas prices at that level for a gallon! :p

Ah, yes - good eye! :canada:

I just looked it up and it said Canada started slowly moving to the metric system in 1975. My recollection was that signs had both miles and kilometers on them for some number of years, and then eventually the miles were dropped.
Not sure how gas was dispensed though. But I'll assume it was still gallons in that picture because it make me happy to think of gas prices at that level for a gallon! :p
It wasn't gradual. In Sept 1977 (labour day weekend), all the speed limit signs switched over to km/h.

That gas price is likely in litres. But it's also in Canadian funds. :)

When I was pumping gas in the late 60's the average price up here was 49.9 cents a gallon, and our gallon is 20 percent larger than yours.

Auto Transport Service
Back