• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

5701E3A7-BCD3-49A8-A4F7-89C81AFD0DCA.jpeg

Waiting for dark....

IMG_9590.jpg

Someone looks exited to go to work at the Mobil Station....

IMG_5400.jpg

Pics that came with my 68 Coronet 500 Convertible when I bought it....some time in the 80's.

PxMlFe2h.jpg

PjJ2PlYh.jpg

LfJbZcxh.jpg

And another change to it...was still wearing the lift off hood and side scoops when I went to look at it.

yaSeQiZh.jpg

The hood and side scoops are probably now worth what you paid for the car back then.

Pics that came with my 68 Coronet 500 Convertible when I bought it....some time in the 80's.
View attachment 1337137

And another change to it...was still wearing the lift off hood and side scoops when I went to look at it.
Ahh yes, the old polished top radiator tank. I did that to my GTX back then, too. That was all the rage for a short time. LOL

Found pictures on line of the dealership where our 70 Super Bee was sold new:

Motor Sales and Service
Lincoln Way at Kellogg
Ames Iowa

Looks like the building is still there but is a Rent A Center now

23_dunlap_motors_jerry.jpg

23_dunlap_hoist_s.jpg

23_1946_phone_book_motor_sales_and_service.jpg

23_dunlap_truck_s.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-06 091427.png

23_1950_10_motor_sales_paint_shop_pete_scheuermann_c_s.jpg

23_dunlap_showroom_s.jpg

1949_04_29_dunlap_motor_sales_ad.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh yes, the old polished top radiator tank. I did that to my GTX back then, too. That was all the rage for a short time. LOL

You know what I never really noticed the rad until now after reading your comment. When I was restoring the car I did not know what size radiator it came with since the rad support was hacked and mostly missing, so I ended up just going with a 22" unit. Now I see from this pic that it most likely came with a 26" rad....Doohhh!!:BangHead:

You know what I never really noticed the rad until now after reading your comment. When I was restoring the car I did not know what size radiator it came with since the rad support was hacked and mostly missing, so I ended up just going with a 22" unit. Now I see from this pic that it most likely came with a 26" rad....Doohhh!!:BangHead:
I have a complete 26” saddle if you need one.

Joe Gertlemann (spelling?) had Pink Panther Hemi Cuda if not mistaken. He was from NJ, Burlington County area. Anbody out there can confirm this?
I'll ask Joey next time I see him. Big Joe had so many hemi Mopars it's hard to remember them all. He was a good guy.

Not all 440’s had a 26”rad. I have seen 68’s with 22”rads. It should show on your fender tag I think, does on 66-67.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back