• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

Goes to show that partial teenage marriages do work! Good for you two!
Met a very successful business man that said after 50 years of marriage, (he would make the major decisions, she would make the minor ones. Thank goodness a major one never came up).
Some weather the good times and not so good ones.
Someone said we never had a disagreement in our marriage, never really had a marriage.
Fortunately mine said over 50’ years ago I couldn’t leave or die until she was finished with me. That’s why I am still on the site.

It was 51 years for us this year. Since we were married on July 17, a few of our anniversaries were spent either coming to, going home from, or at Chryslers at Carlisle. She never minded, as long as I took her to a nice restaurant for an anniversary meal.

541FE990-337D-4E7A-BC0B-35D091B5256A.jpeg

642DB4B4-2EB1-4152-B98F-EC327465CCC5.jpeg

Man, those Gremlins were popular back then. A lot of people thought they were ugly..."oh no, a station wagon with a slanted back! I'd better tear my hair out in disgust!" But most of us thought they were kinda cute. Especially since they had so much more power than the Vega/Pinto competition.
I’ve always like them, very cartoonish looking, especially with bigger tires.

I always liked them at least the earlier small bumper cars with the X package. I had a friend who had one with a 304. It was a 72 maybe?

The Levi's package on the Jeeps actually worked.

You could hose off the seats and interior after you got it all muddy and the cushions wouldn't get water logged.

Gremlin's actually not a station wagon.

Only the window opens.

It's a Hornet with the trunk cut off to shed weight and increase economy.

Let’s bring this back, screw the scheduled car shows, competing for a piece of plastic. Let’s just go hang out in parking lots.

View attachment 1372920

Agreed.

I love driving a muscle car at night. Gauges glowing in your face, cooler temps, feels like my youth when I was up to something :)

Back in the 80's when I started going to cruise nights, (I'm 53) until mid 2000's we had cruise nights in our area. One, Nick's Ice Cream in Natick Ma., routinely went until midnight. Now we seem to have cruise mid-afternoon's to early evenings, sign of an aging hobby I guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back