• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

029B5476-73C3-479D-BD96-28DF4FCBEAD5.jpeg

ED4A8394-7C26-45C5-91BD-44C91E13CEB0.jpeg

This is my first car, bought it in summer of 1980. My mom took the picture the day I brought it home, yup I was that cool. I had painted it blue around 1982. I sold it for a down payment on my first house 1987. Was looking through ebay around 2007 and it was listed for sale in southern Illinois, I still had my old registration with the VIN, sure enough that was it.
July 1980.jpeg
I bought it back, made the trip there towed it home. It is a little more rusty, I found a parts car for it and it is now waiting for it's turn in the shop.

Here's an aerial view of the house I grew up in (the brown house) until almost age 15. This picture dates back to 1969 or 1970.

IMG_8534.jpg

Notice the bottom right of the picture..............

IMG_8535.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting "faux de sac".

Who had to mow that island?

Interesting "faux de sac".

Who had to mow that island?
The street originally went down that little whoop-de-do and sometime in the early 50's, they straightened and widened the street & installed sidewalks. My grandparents lived next door in the white 2-family to the left & that lot where my parent's house is was originally all their land until they subdivided the for my parents to build their house. That's my dad's old (red) GW Invader boat up in their driveway. I started moving the whole lawn around age 10 and still continued to mow it until 1976 after my grandfather died and the house was sold.

The girl sitting close in the bug giving a hand job, the bird with no nose decals or the brake light out in the Road Runner??? :thumbsup:
The vw job is obvious (ever seen the ads??)
The bad brake bulb car might be a 68 'net..
But it's the first debut of "Farm Truck" I've seen yet

The girl sitting close in the bug giving a hand job, the bird with no nose decals or the brake light out in the Road Runner??? :thumbsup:
There's a reason why we both have the same first name.
:lol:

My observations suggest the "out" brake light could be a turn signal caught mid-flash as the car appears to be 2nd in line to turn left, aligned with the side street.

...and there's a 65 barracuda facing us on the left of the screen and a 67/68 Fury facing away on the right.

Nice! I had a 55, (my only Ferd ever). 428 Cobra Junk in this one though. I sold it after losing a couple street races and got back into Mopars.

1955.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back