• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

i am generally over in the ‘73 forum but thought I would share a couple of pics with y’all folks here in the ‘70 forum. A while back a coworker of mine told me about a hot MOPAR he once had back in the day. He dropped by yesterday with some old photos of the car. I asked...I know those aren’t show trophies on the hood?? He smiled real wide and said...Won them drag racing! Too cool not to share.

I know it’s a long shot but if anyone knows where this car might be today, he would love to be reunited with it. Car was sold new in Alabama.

View attachment 617775 View attachment 617776

Not really a throw back pic, just bored today, crappy Wisconsin weather. Created this sitting in the garage…

08ADC15B-92E1-498E-AAB1-5D4F74573A52.png

Epic pic!!!!! Brought me back to 1976

I can hear and smell this scenario! “Go for it. Your totally gonna make it!!” from all the older kids giggling down the hill… half of ‘em stoned to the gord. Followed by “hoolee sheeeit, kids going for it!!”

Next scene would show a big wheel spilt at the neck (love the hollowed out main wheel.. they didn’t last long) Kid would be needing ice and paper towels for the bloody lips, plus a healthy dabbing of that gnarly mecurichrome crap on every rasberry sustained. That stuff was waaay worse than the injury..

Ooohh yea, memories!! Good (making a perfect jump & power slide)), bad (broken big wheel neck & flat spotted wheel!!) & painful (mecurichrome!!!)
We were "drifting" 30 years before the youngsters did it in their asian cars!!!

Our family car in 75, 1971 X and yep those are shackles on the back lol.
Resized_Screenshot_20221201_102642_Facebook.jpg

First Mopar I ever drove, shown here in the summer of 1969. My dad's 1960 Valiant, with three on the floor, 170 cubic inch slant six. Not a B body, but it started me on the path.
1960 Valiant.jpg

Son and I on the in-laws campground tractor, guessing 1985 when he was two (I'd be 23). F-in-laws '78 Ramcharger in the background. He had to have one because I had a '77 ! LOL
throwbackthursdays 007.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back