• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

They were an option on my non-A12 '69 SuperBee. My car also had optional dual scoop RamAir hood. By the end of summer '69, I had an A12 hood on it.

0117212057.jpg

charger mom 2.jpeg

charger mom.jpeg

Mom with her '70 500 (and the beagle from hell, Herman...)

My scoop came off a duster mounted backwards as well.
Just dumb.
Was running a crossram on my Satellite, to keep heavy rain out ran a 68 hemi dart scoop backwards. Driving to a NeHOA meet in Syracuse NY on NY Thruway hit a really heavy rain storm no problem.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but Chevy's cowl induction really was a superior way to "ram" air into the car. Cars like my Air Grabber look cool as hell, but they really don't do to much to ram the air in - the scoop is too low. They do at least provide cooler air though...

Yea, mom taught in Gainesville FL when she bought the car. Had the Mopar hitch on it to tow her StarCraft sailboat to the gulf. Pics are when they (mom, dad, charger, and Herman) moved to Virginia.

T/A scoop and Demon/Dart Sport 340 scoop got it right.

Dodge N96 is not terrible.

Never gunna happen again. That's part of history now. Hate to say it but that art is long gone by its creators. It's coming back in pictures only. Sux. I've been looking for a shop who does this and nowhere can I find one.

The Lowrider community uses many of the same custom paint techniques as well as the styling cues, often to a very high standard…

...there's even a Corona beer commercial featuring a low rider custom paint artist.

Auto Transport Service
Back