• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

I agree, Jeff. But, I was thinking about this car's link to Chrysler Engineering, as an unofficial Woodward Ave. test car. Perhaps Jimmy was experimenting temporarily with different induction on Chrysler's behalf. Another characteristic of the Silver Bullet was its 4 muffler exhaust system. It looks like this car has a lot of stuff hanging off its undercarriage. I tried to enlarge the picture, but it gets real grainy. It almost looks like there were graphics on the side of the car, when I enlarged the picture, but I could not make them out. Maybe it is not the Silver Bullet, but the overall stance of the car (minus the different hood) and flared rear wheelwells gave me the first impression that it could be. I am sure that you have considerably more knowledge on early race cars than me, and I bow to your expertise. Dave
The modified rear wheel wells confirm thats the car.

Lower left corner sign. Tunnel ram on it in picture .View attachment 1511640
Seems to be some controversy
The Real "Silver Bullet" - 2007 Woodward Cruise | MyRideisMe.com

"After five years of intensive interviews, including several with Jimmy Addison, Ted Spehar, Darris Ball, Tom Hoover and Paul Schram, I can heartily confirm the fact that Harold Sullivan’s version is the real deal.

As for Manuel…

Jimmy Addison’s last comment on the subject was simply this:

“He doesn’t have what he thinks he has.”

End of story.

Last edited:
Guess the Germans held a "little" dislike towards French things. lol lol
Oh there were plenty of those 'little' things on the back roads and in the hill country of Germany. Always thought how could anyone drive one of those mushy things. They always looked like they were about to roll over in a turn.....the 2CV wasn't fast enough to be on the autobahn.

CD5ED207-A609-4AA5-B215-368D216A06AB.jpeg

2C243D24-8331-4E7C-881A-BAA184EDD805.jpeg

A fluke amazing find popped up in my old highschool buddies fb feed today. That day back in '79 that we pooled our money for gas to get out of Sin City (Smiths Falls) and took the Bee to Luskville Quebec to run the 1/4 mile. I had that time slip in the glove box until I started the restoration in 2015 and then somehow it went AWOL.
received_1474122350012061.jpeg

..and just to clarify it's not the camaro. My Bee is 3 cars back behind it.

Last edited:
AAAAHHH, granddaughter found it, daughter & grandmom explained what is was & lil girl threw it away because she doesn't want you to do it again & risk hurting "HER" car!!

70 Z28 with a high compression, solid lifter LT1. One of the few Chevies that I like.

Auto Transport Service
Back