• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

AEC3DAC3-0F65-4CF3-938D-37D0A3217F8A.jpeg

E564DDD8-235A-4A25-82D7-FFEFA186BE84.jpeg

Grouping these all together in case there are 1 or maybe 2 repeats.

IMG_8588.jpeg
IMG_8587.jpeg
IMG_8585.jpeg
IMG_8584.jpeg
IMG_8586.jpeg

Hope y'all will bear with me for a moment... :)
The car in the above referenced picture was from Kansas, but the photos were taken at The Street Machine Nationals in Tulsa in 76. Recognise the backgrounds, plus I was there.
SO... I followed the link Mr DeltaV provided to see if there were any more photos from that event. There were - which was great - but there were also some pics from other events and other Street Machine Nats that I attended and recognised. However, one photo really jumped out at me...
my car in background.jpeg

Yes, any Cuda is nice to take pictures of, but thats not the important point about this image; look to the upper left... Thats MY car!! :) The place is the dragstrip in Tulsa and the event is the NHOA meet there circa summer of 77. I know thats my car because, well, I know. Plus, I was there, it looks just like my car - colour, vinyl top, wheels and such, but see that unidentifiable white 'triangle' there in the back window? Its not the back of the front seat, but is 3 stickers that you cant read. The top one is a Valvoline 'Participant AHRA Grand American Series' decal, on top of a small bumper sticker that says "Happiness is a low ET' sitting above a large-ish sticker from Toly Arutunoff's Automobiles International that says 'Repeal the 55 - Vote With Your Foot!'.
Yeah, its probably silly, but this has made my day. No, week. No, month. Maybe year... Couldn't help myself - had to post.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back