• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

IMG_8738.jpeg

It was a restaurant in Texas, the best way to describe their idea was a hooters for women. So instead of barely dressed women, it was barley dressed men :rofl:
Say what again? To work here I need to wear what and what? And the last 8 guys who wore the boots I gotta wear didn’t wear socks…for 5-cents an hour…and I gotta look like I like boys…in Texas?

Running across this old photo of a 75-80 Dragway Mopar day reminded me of an article in the local paper last week stating that a Weis Market and associated shopping center is planned for the old drag strip property.
img302.jpg

A challenger rt, late 70s of 80s pickup possibly, and possibly an mg. Very interesting group

View attachment 1597257
Brings back memories as a geezer seeing all the old photos of our daily transport winter or summer. This was around ’76 or ’77 when I was going to tech school and working part time then at a machine shop. Was living in an apartment then before getting married. School was some 30-miles and to the shop another 40 or so, in the opposite direction, making these treks about daily. Threw some sand-bags in the trunk for some added traction. Bought this ’73 Dodge new (demo) in early ’74 later selling it in ’80 to my BIL. Had 60k on it when I let it go.

Challenger in the Snow .jpg

My 71 had same options as that one. It was driven in the snow when new as well, it was pretty roached. Nice options though, cloth interior and 4 speed. So I replaced it with the FM3 70.

cha15.JPG

cha14.JPG

cha17.JPG

Brings back memories as a geezer seeing all the old photos of our daily transport winter or summer. This was around ’76 or ’77 when I was going to tech school and working part time then at a machine shop. Was living in an apartment then before getting married. School was some 30-miles and to the shop another 40 or so, in the opposite direction, making these treks about daily. Threw some sand-bags in the trunk for some added traction. Bought this ’73 Dodge new (demo) in early ’74 later selling it in ’80 to my BIL. Had 60k on it when I let it go.

View attachment 1597382
Interesting it has a rallye hood but no side stripes.
IMG_20240118_135522.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back