• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics with Eaton 2" lift leaf springs

Hell of a rake got to be difficult to drive
Not really difficult to drive but it does drive very differently. Cornering is totally gone for one and the ride sucks. It also puts a lot more load on the front end....

Wonder if some of the shock mounting issues can be attributed to rot more then inherently weak area? Thinking more about this top of shocks mounts to body rail channel, weight of body on shocks, suspension moves up and down in the body of car. I suspect loose mounting or corrosion at top mounting area think cranky is correct.

my GTX apparently had an air shock do some damage to the cross member and that area of the trunk floor......... I have/had no rust issues in that area

Well guess there is some truth to the story, some cars didn't have damage some did. Variable in manufacturing back then...wonder how much drug use back then truly effected quality had to play a role.

the shock cross member is only welded at the rails, at least that is what I have encountered (several cars)........ mine looks like it "twisted" and ripped.......... someone before me twisted it back and bolted it through the trunk floor with 4 bolts........ I'm sure with a couple of mods, air shocks can be used with no problem

the shock cross member is only welded at the rails, at least that is what I have encountered (several cars)........ mine looks like it "twisted" and ripped.......... someone before me twisted it back and bolted it through the trunk floor with 4 bolts........ I'm sure with a couple of mods, air shocks can be used with no problem
But------ for some reason my air shocks dont lift much past level

maybe before buying shocks, springs and all the guess work. talk to andy and change spring perches in the front he makes them with a
second hole which is lower by one inch. i believe it will raise the rear of the car and give a idea what you night be looking at. just a thought

maybe before buying shocks, springs and all the guess work. talk to andy and change spring perches in the front he makes them with a
second hole which is lower by one inch. i believe it will raise the rear of the car and give a idea what you night be looking at. just a thought
Who is Andy?

Andyf runs a 65 coronet he builds all types of suspension parts. His ride is sweet. Maybe he will jump in here

DD61E361-EBC8-4BD3-982B-2C50FFEA389E.png

Just received January 2019 issue of mopar muscle magazine. Page 30 article on swapping leaf springs on a 67 A body. Nice diy article.

Just received January 2019 issue of mopar muscle magazine. Page 30 article on swapping leaf springs on a 67 A body. Nice diy article.
Gotta go find me a copy of that!

Auto Transport Service
Back