• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie tins gone CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid $50.00 and $60.00 for the last 2 new in the box 440 and 440 TNT tins I purchased.

20200312_172640.jpg

the original ones were made by a local company. My dad made the stamping dies for them. I think they scraped the tooling years ago
Hi, this is the first that some have been made in WI. I had spoke with a couple of people that claimed they were made in some town in north eastern Iowa. Thanks, Dan

Orange is for 1970?
IMG_20230701_175459071.jpg

Owner #1 of my '70 Charger 500 had it on the car. Patina :eek:

Orange is for 1970?
View attachment 1487972

Owner #1 of my '70 Charger 500 had it on the car. Patina :eek:
Yes, the orange " Magnum " Pie Tin started with the Coronet RT in 1967. The only other way to get a Magnum Pie Tin is if you ordered a Dodge Charger " L ' code in '67. The "440 Super Commando" with the Silver background started in 1967 on the Plymouth GTX.

Last edited:
Yes, the orange " Magnum " Pie Tin started with the Coronet RT in 1967. The only other way to get a Magnum Pie Tin is if you ordered a Dodge Charger " L ' code in '67. The "440 Super Commando" with the Silver background started in 1967 on the Plymouth GTX.
Orange pie tins started in 69.... 67 & 68 are Red....

@erickson
Who printed/stamped them? Duratech? McCloones? Doubt Spartek would have done those. I used to know folks at all of them....but they're probably all retired (or worse) by now.....

M

Any word on a new vendor for these?
As far as I know, Mopar Performance has decided to discontinue making these. Licensed Mopar reproduction companies have decided not to reproduce them because Mopar Performance wants $50,000 just for the Production Rights which " doesn't even " include a per piece royalty fee. Due to MP's feeling that it would take this much for them to produce them again, I don't believe we will ever see these produced again by a company in the US. It would be really nice if we could get someone who currently works at Mopar Performance to respond to us about this issue. If anyone knows anyone who works there, please have them provide us with an update. I was fortunate enough to see this coming so I bought some NOS pie tins and Reproduction ones ahead of time. So, I have some of both but the prices can be high.

Last edited:
These things are now as bad as '69 GTX trim. I replaced the orange one on my early build car with a Mopar Performance red one, new in the box, for $100 last year. Now looks like the deal of a lifetime. Sold an orange MP new in the box for $200, and I'm now thinking that holding onto it would have been a better investment than anything in my current portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back