• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie tins gone CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were starting to be made in approx. 1966. In 1966, production costs of most items were very low to make. The 60's were significant years of manufacturing growth. Mopar started adding these pie tins to the 67 models and ended use of them in the early 70"s. The number of muscle cars being made exploded during these years. So how many years ago was that from 2023 ??? Next with the rising costs of things these days ............Can you IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE THESE WOULD COST TO PRODUCE AT "TODAYS" MANUFACTURING COSTS ? The companies that produced these way back when did not save all the molds, etc. to make these again ! What company would ..... to have the space to keep something like that that most likely would never be used again.? Again its 2023 now.....that was back in 1966. How many years ago was that? A licensed Mopar Producer has told me that it would cost them $50K JUST for the beginning cost to produce them and that doesn't a per piece commission to MP yet ! Now sadly to Add.....how many of our Mopar brothers driving those cars from the years of "67 - 74 are still around let alone in the market for a new pie tin for their air cleaners? It hurts me to write this but sadly it is the truth.

I guess I should add to this that there were some Repros made sometime in the 80's. I don't recall exactly what year that was in. Even though this occurred, the cost to produce would be much higher now than the year they made the Repros in the 80's.

Last edited:
How much is the commission?
Not sure, Licensed Mopar producers said they heard it was going to be $50,000 just to start the process and the Licensed Mopar Producers were turn-off right away from hearing that ! They didn't want to hear anymore.

These were starting to be made in approx. 1966. In 1966, production costs of most items were very low to make. The 60's were significant years of manufacturing growth. Mopar started adding these pie tins to the 67 models and ended use of them in the early 70"s. The number of muscle cars being made exploded during these years. So how many years ago was that from 2023 ??? Next with the rising costs of things these days ............Can you IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE THESE WOULD COST TO PRODUCE AT "TODAYS" MANUFACTURING COSTS ? The companies that produced these way back when did not save all the molds, etc. to make these again ! What company would ..... to have the space to keep something like that that most likely would never be used again.? Again its 2023 now.....that was back in 1966. How many years ago was that? A licensed Mopar Producer has told me that it would cost them $50K JUST for the beginning cost to produce them and that doesn't a per piece commission to MP yet ! Now sadly to Add.....how many of our Mopar brothers driving those cars from the years of "67 - 74 are still around let alone in the market for a new pie tin for their air cleaners? It hurts me to write this but sadly it is the truth.
They were still being made 10 years ago. So I can assume the tooling still exists

And what exactly is the purpose of having the exact same subject posted in different board areas?????

Last edited:
They were still being made 10 years ago. So I can assume the tooling still exists

And what exactly is the purpose of having the exact same subject posted in different board areas?????
The tooling may still exist.... I don't know. If you call and talk with a Licensed Mopar Producer that has talked with Mopar Performance they have been told it will NOW cost $50,000 just to start the process.

Sorry about including it in two different boards but some people were asking the same question on two different boards.

I had an awful apple walnut pie this weekend. I’ll stick with super commando cherry from now on.

"Whatever is he talking about....the thing was right up close" :lol:
Hi kiwigtx: please fund my $50 I recently paid toward the Forum. I did not sign up to receive the abuse I am taking from 2-3 narrow minded nuts. There are plenty of GTX and B body sights on Facebook Market place that I can chat with without this mentality that these idots have. I own 14 project mopars currently with FOUR 67 GTX's. I am trying to help the sport and provide restored mopar parts to other Mopar enthusiast. If these 2 or 3 members have Nothing Better To do in there Life than to falsely accuse me of things I don't want to put up with the Bullshit !!!! Please refund my $50 to the card I have on file.

Card on file? Doubt that.

Ok, I think we are past done here from both sides.

12461.poof.jpg

Hi kiwigtx: please fund my $50 I recently paid toward the Forum. I did not sign up to receive the abuse I am taking from 2-3 narrow minded nuts. There are plenty of GTX and B body sights on Facebook Market place that I can chat with without this mentality that these idots have. I own 14 project mopars currently with FOUR 67 GTX's. I am trying to help the sport and provide restored mopar parts to other Mopar enthusiast. If these 2 or 3 members have Nothing Better To do in there Life than to falsely accuse me of things I don't want to put up with the Bullshit !!!! Please refund my $50 to the card I have on file.

Just go to their profile and hit the ignore button

1702351747740.png

I have no clue why you are targeting me for a refund here. As far as I am aware, there are no refunds anyway, and even if it was possible, I am not the person to ask, and I wouldn't take kindly to being asked/told in that manner.

Boasting about one's quantity or size of car collection makes no difference here either. Everyone is treated as an equal....there is no seniority just because you have a Hemi, a convertible, or a buttload of Pie tins. So I suggest you either cool your pipes or take a rest from posting if you feel so affronted by anyone here on the site.

There is a report button for posts you object to...and so far today I haven't seen anywhere that you have been dragged through the mud in such a fashion that you get all bitter and twisted asking for 'your money back'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back