• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pinion Angle with Cal Tracs

Guess I always thought the vertical was mainly for the coil over cars to keep the springs in correct even alignment. Could be wrong.

My car is just a leaf spring car as I run SS springs and the longer ext shocks. With that I run 3 degrees down so that way when on the gas my eng/trans and pinion centerlines are parallel to each other but not the same line. With the Cal Tracs I would set it to where they say or by what the racers on here are using that run the Cal Tracs. Good luck , Ron

@Wookie316 runs a street lynx in a 4000+ pound charger and does very well. If using a system like the street lynx you need an anti roll bar, street lynx is a triangulated system which can and will work in a race car but a parallel 4 link system is preferred.
Thats cool, one was found, bad *** heavy car, wish Wookie would chime in & tell us what he had to do to make it work. still for the price there are a lot of the less cost caltrac set ups out there running fast times. :)

Thats cool, one was found, bad *** heavy car, wish Wookie would chime in & tell us what he had to do to make it work. still for the price there are a lot of the less cost caltrac set ups out there running fast times. :)
he Will chime in eventually, definitely takes some tweaking to get it right, I know he runs a comp engineering anti roll bar as well.

I run 4 down on the dart. I measure off the front of the damper and off the rear end yoke. I’ve tried it a few different angles and that’s what worked best on my car. They are all a bit different though. These pictures are with an all iron hemi with a 60lb cross ram, 2 carbs, and the biggest radiator I can fit. Definitely not ideal for weight transfer.

BE28D622-322A-4E87-95D0-0A0EF2230EAF.jpeg
D880369E-D127-412B-8051-C4AE681F1DBF.jpeg

I spoke with Bill at Reilly Motor Sports today, designer of the StreetLynx system. He agrees that the StreetLynx is not specifically designed for drag racing, but provides superior ride and handling over leafs, and there are quite a few 10 and 11 second cars doing very well with his system.
He was impressed and happy to hear about the wookie's success.
Like I said, 85% of my drive time is to and from car shows and cruising around. For what I want and even with the 6xx HP and 6xx torque stroker motor I have planned for the future, I think the StreetLynx will do a great job all around, and work well at the track.
PLEASE keep the knowledge flowing!
Bill also said that an anti-roll bar is a BIG PLUS, especially as you go quicker...
Thanks guys! I ordered the Viking double adjustable 2 dial front shocks from RMS (Bill) today! He confirmed the Viking double adjustable rear coil overs for the StreetLynx are NOT compatible with the stock rear suspension and my choice of the 3 way Competition Engineering shocks for the rear in the meantime was a wise, economical choice.

I spoke with Bill at Reilly Motor Sports today, designer of the StreetLynx system. He agrees that the StreetLynx is not specifically designed for drag racing, but provides superior ride and handling over leafs, and there are quite a few 10 and 11 second cars doing very well with his system.
He was impressed and happy to hear about the wookie's success.
Like I said, 85% of my drive time is to and from car shows and cruising around. For what I want and even with the 6xx HP and 6xx torque stroker motor I have planned for the future, I think the StreetLynx will do a great job all around, and work well at the track.
PLEASE keep the knowledge flowing!
Bill also said that an anti-roll bar is a BIG PLUS, especially as you go quicker...
Thanks guys! I ordered the Viking double adjustable 2 dial front shocks from RMS (Bill) today! He confirmed the Viking double adjustable rear coil overs for the StreetLynx are NOT compatible with the stock rear suspension and my choice of the 3 way Competition Engineering shocks for the rear in the meantime was a wise, economical choice.
Bill is very knowledgeable and I’ve given him quite a bit of business, but check out my build thread if you care to see some of the issues I’ve recently ran into with him. I’ll just say check your parts as soon as you get them and make sure everything is correct for your application.

---
Wookie must be too busy to chime in. Just so long as he's not too busy to remember to bring my barrel of race fuel to the track with him on Saturday. Right Wooks?

Auto Transport Service
Back