• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol Grip handle for 727?

Bigtime

Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a 1965 Dodge Coronet with a console shifted 727. Can I convert the existing black knob to a pistol grip-type handle? If I can, can any of you folks direct me to a site where I can buy one?
Another question: Does my existing black knob just screw off? I tried it once and the knob is quite tight.
You got a REAL rookie on your hands!
Thanks as always for your help!
Steve

There was a guy selling that at Mopar shows. I believe his business was (and still might be) Gunslinger. He made all kinds of pistol grip handle shifters.

The '64-'65 console shift knob doesn't thread off, it slips on and is held in place by a set screw.

64-65 Console.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for the lead!
Gunslingers has been changed [sold to?] to Brewer's Performance and I was re-directed when I searched the site that you gave me. I did not see a specific application for my '65 Coronet, but Brewer's offers a BOATLOAD of pistol grips for a vast number of applications and I would urge all who might read this post to check out their site! I bookmarked the 'site and also sent them an email asking if they could accommodate my need.
Thanks Again!

Thanks a bunch for the lead!
Gunslingers has been changed [sold to?] to Brewer's Performance and I was re-directed when I searched the site that you gave me. I did not see a specific application for my '65 Coronet, but Brewer's offers a BOATLOAD of pistol grips for a vast number of applications and I would urge all who might read this post to check out their site! I bookmarked the 'site and also sent them an email asking if they could accommodate my need.
Thanks Again!
Brewer's is awesome! Go to place for anything 4 speed related for many years

I bought this a few years ago but havent installed it yet
Screenshot_20170327-181729.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back