• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitman shaft seal retainer

pjm8047

Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
does anyone know where I can find a pitman shaft seal retainer without buying the whole seal kit.?

What is that part? If you need just the seal, the generic ones at AutoZone will fit. If you need the metal washer thing, maybe try a True Value hardware store?

I need the washer. I wish i new the size.

I need the washer. I wish i new the size.
You'll hate to hear this, but the size is the same diameter as the pitman arm (1/2"???) and just thick enough to take up that gap, which you can measure. A pretty good ballpark would be about 1/8" thick. I think I saw some "bushings" at some True Values that looked about right. It will be a pain, but you can make one if necessary. Maybe someone on this board that's changing pitman arms will give you their old one?

You'll hate to hear this, but the size is the same diameter as the pitman arm (1/2"???) and just thick enough to take up that gap, which you can measure. A pretty good ballpark would be about 1/8" thick. I think I saw some "bushings" at some True Values that looked about right. It will be a pain, but you can make one if necessary. Maybe someone on this board that's changing pitman arms will give you their old one?
I believe what you are talking about is the foam seals that hold the grease from "falling out" .

I believe what you are talking about is the foam seals that hold the grease from "falling out" .
Sort of, except my original pitman arm boots came with a thick metal washer thing molded into the boot itself.

Sort of, except my original pitman arm boots came with a thick metal washer thing molded into the boot itself.
My mistake. I was talking about the idler arm foam seals. They kinda don't make sense either.

I just received my new pitman arm this week. No washer with the new one and no washer came off the box with the old pitman arm.

You must be talking about the style of rubber boot that comes with a metal band around the wide end to help it stay tight to the ball joint end of the pitman arm.

If it is like the tie rod i just received. I bought the tie-rod just for the rubber boot (was less money), actually bought 2. One came with the metal band on one side of the dust boot for the above purpose..

Auto Transport Service
Back