• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plasma Cutter

I have a hypertherm plasma cutter and I’ve used it only a little I find the low priced cutters work with no issues but long term hard to beat hypertherm or in my case I have a 38 year old miller tig machine I bought used 15 years ago and internals are really solid. If you can look for a better used machine.
If you can find it, a used hypertherm power max 600 would be a good bet. They were most popular model they made, most produced by far, and are still supported even though mine is 20 years old. Good for like 1/2” and are conservatively rated. Boards have a lot of discrete components so finding outdated IC’s is not an issue. The Chicom and India versions are throwaways, they break, they get tossed.

Congrats.

Please report back how it does for you and what you've used it on.
A promised review on the Bestarc plasma cutter.

I received the cutter yesterday and it working in no time with great results.... easy to use with no or little experience.

The easy to understand operational manual & (video here on B bodies)....... and i was off to nice clean cuts on a 1/4 plate steel.

I used the 110v only because I did not have the proper female adapter for the 220v.

I can imagine a simple hardware store connector-adapter.

I plan on making a 10-15 foot 220v extension cord for the power source..... that will handle 50 amps.

A thumbs up:thumbsup: for new technology and very reasonable priced machine for anyone with safety & commonsense in mind.

This is my assessment.... for a very short time of usage thus far. :)

Mike

Finally got around to buying a Bestarc plasma cutter. Waited for the latest (gen 7) because it comes with the same 240 plug as my welder and I have a long cord already made up. $260 on Amazon. I have never used one of these before, but must say I am impressed. Plugged in the cables and hooked up some air. Turned it up to 50 amps and cut a couple pieces of 1/2" plate. Turned the amps and air down and tried it on some 18 gauge. This is a tool I sure wished I would have owned 10 years ago.

20230711_162543.jpg

20230711_162840.jpg

20230711_162519.jpg

20230711_162527.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got around to buying a Bestarc plasma cutter. Waited for the latest (gen 7) because it comes with the same 240 plug as my welder and I have a long cord already made up. $260 on Amazon. I have never used one of these before, but must say I am impressed. Plugged in the cables and hooked up some air. Turned it up to 50 amps and cut a couple pieces of 1/2" plate. Turned the amps and air down and tried it on some 18 gauge. This is a tool I sure wished I would have owned 10 years ago.

View attachment 1493095

View attachment 1493096

View attachment 1493097

View attachment 1493098

Buy extra consumables, when it starts sputtering swap the tip out.. i didn't know that and thought something was wrong :)

Auto Transport Service
Back