• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plastic insert for 727 gear selector lever

69 GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:49 AM
Apr 6, 2013
Reaction score
Milo, Iowa
I've been looking for a part # for the original insert for the 727 gear selector lever on my 69 GTX. I've found Dorman stuff but I don't have a part # to cross reference it to. I want to make sure I get the correct one. Thanks in advance,

To be clear it's the selector arm on the transmission that the rod goes in. Column shift.
Only plastic I know of is inside the transmission on the rooster comb.
Like this.

727 rc.jpeg
On the outside, rod from outside linkage.
On the outside, rod from outside linkage.
There is no plastic bushing on the outside lever. Thr rod goes through the lever and is held in place with a spring pin or cotter pin. If you have a plastic bushing in the control lever off the shift tower of the valve body you have parts from a newer car.
Nothing as you describe on my ‘69 GTX, the only plastic bushings were on the bell crank brackets…
Thanks everyone, I'll crawl under there and look again.
Is it the plate that mounts to the transmission? Mine is a floor shift, but here is the plate for reference.
Crystal clear but not very helpful for the OP's dilemma. Part number is 3575333

Shift Lever Grommet 3575333.jpg
So I crawled under the car. Looks like the trans lever is not correct for a 69. I have another trans I'll see if it has the correct lever.


So I pulled the arms off a spare tranny. It has the right size hole for the linkage. I need to make sure it's the right length though.

Bolt it on and see if your shift quadrant matches up with the valve body detent's. You might have to adjust the linkage. I assume the rod that goes through the hole in the arm is drilled for a retaining pin.
The one on my ‘69 is straight. I may have a spare around here if you need it, let me know and I’ll try to find it.