• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plastic "seal" near interior door handle or regulator - '70 RR

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
When I took apart the doors guts on my '70 RR many, many years ago, I found this odd looking white plastic piece. I cannot remember where it went and may have been in the bottom of the door at the time. Looking at the parts diagrams, looks like it may attach near the interior door handle or the window regulator. Does anybody have a picture of where it goes? Is this part available?

Thank you as always. Trying to get this and the quarter window mechanisms back together. What a job!

Wallace

plastic seal RR 1.jpg

plastic seal RR 2.jpg

Anti rattle clip. It slides on the door along where the rod from the latch goes to the inside door handle. If you need photos, hit me up tomorrow and I’ll take a couple for you. No one is reproducing them that I know of.

That sounds like the right part and about where it was on the part drawing. I would certainly appreciate if you could send a pic. Piecing this puzzle of the door guts and the qtr. window guts is some project. It was all apart I bought the car.

Thanks so much!

The blue line is where the rod rides and the red arrow area slides down on the skin of the door edge.
6A3C4E12-9C3E-4002-AC04-BD2B0B04EF7B.jpeg

OK thanks. I will check it out!

If you don’t figure it out Wallace I will still send you some photos. Let me know. Looking at the drawing I sent you should make it easy to figure out. Good luck

I am going to check it out on Thursday when I am with car. Yes, I can probably get it from here and thanks for the help.

Thanks guys! Just what the doctor ordered. Saved me a bunch of time on this. Looks like 3/64" tape is correct for the door and vent glass?

Auto Transport Service
Back