• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please identify these parts for my 67 Charger

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
I can't remember where these rubber gaskets are suppose to go in my car? One of them has a broken piece and I want to buy a new one( if possible) but don't know what or where is applied? Any help is appreciated.
IMG_7066.JPG

Hey Dean,
scroll down the forum section page, there's a 66 - 67 Charger forum, put this post on there, it'll get more views by the guys that really know 1st generation Chargers. Maybe a moderator could move it for you, @kiwigtx

I can't remember where these rubber gaskets are suppose to go in my car? One of them has a broken piece and I want to buy a new one( if possible) but don't know what or where is applied? Any help is appreciated.View attachment 1519805
What are the dimensions and type of material? Flexible, fairly stiff?

Leftovers from broken trunk flaps?

Edit; nope

What are the dimensions and type of material? Flexible, fairly stiff?
Hi Ian, I want to correct my answer earlier, the parts appear to be hard plastic not rubber. Also, the longer one is 4-3/4" and the smaller one is 3-1/4".

just guessing but could that be 1 piece thats broken?

How about a spare tire jack hold down "bracket"?

Last edited:
I meant is that 1 gasket not 2
I don't think so, the shorter one definetley has a broken end and it doesn't match up to the larger piece. But if it is one piece it is odd that it has the same slot on each end. That is why I am asking the question. I bagged all my parts 3 years ago and I must have taken these out of the bag with some other parts to install but didn't finish the job that day. I'm sure someone will see them and tell whatbthey are and where they belong. Thank you.

How about a spare tire jack hold down "bracket"?
I guess it is possible. I don't have the jack in the car, as I haven't put the spare and the hold down back in the car yet. I'll look in my Service Manual. Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back