• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

Do it right and you won't have any worries.
Now you know the most important part of this forum is about cars and not the written word and the correct or incorrect use of it. When that becomes the most important factor on this forum, they may start interacting less due to being called out as stupid.

Spelling Nazi must resist correcting spelling.jpg

Stop saying you are going to "go ahead" and do something.
Watch most youtube videos and you will notice everyone says, "Now we will go ahead and remove the tires, then go ahead and take a look at the brakes. If brakes are needed we will go ahead and order parts. While waiting for parts that gives us time to go ahead and rebuild the carbetootie".

It sucks that something changes because people are not smart enough to do it right.

Smart has nothing to do with it, intelligent people routinely choose to ignore language "rules" insisted on by uptight ****-retentive sorts. It's merely colloquialism i.e. informal language.

Looks like SOMEONE got the "word of the day" toilet paper for his birthday...

"I could care less" ......
puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif

....actually means "That you do care....and that you could care more"

Most people write or say this when they actually mean that "They couldn't care less" :rolleyes:

"I ain't done nothing wrong" .....is actually an admission of guilt.

Rules of mathematics apply here - Double negative. :)

I don't understand.....
Stop saying my screen name?

"sport coupe"

Unless your car is actually classified by the manufacturer as such...and you are prepared to prove it.

I'm tired of seeing 80% of all vehicles advertised as such.

I've started plenty of sentences with the word "and", but I do it the "right" way.

...and you'l notice the word "and" is not capitalized.

Stop saying you are going to "go ahead" and do something.
Watch most youtube videos and you will notice everyone says, "Now we will go ahead and remove the tires, then go ahead and take a look at the brakes. If brakes are needed we will go ahead and order parts. While waiting for parts that gives us time to go ahead and rebuild the carbetootie".
I had a buddy that used that a lot. He would also "haul off" and "turn around" a lot. "Tender vittles" when describing a good looking young girl or "damn good eatin'' whether it was a hamburger or pheasant stew. He was a lot of fun. We drank a lot of Wild Turkey together. RIP

Unless you fell asleep sometime in 2020 and just woke up, please stop saying---

"Why are my parts taking so long to ship!"
or "Every time I check my shitzkedoodle is still on backorder..."

Once I get tired of listening to our US English I go to the BBC channel to sit and just listen to proper English. Seems learning to speak proper English is very high on Englands grade schools list. Then again One tends to repeat what is spoken, I’m sure there’s slang but not in the top tier groups, the ones that I could listen to all day.

I had a buddy that used that a lot. He would also "haul off" and "turn around" a lot. "Tender vittles" when describing a good looking young girl or "damn good eatin'' whether it was a hamburger or pheasant stew. He was a lot of fun. We drank a lot of Wild Turkey together. RIP
Look out for this one too:
"Go over and measure the wall real fast then give me the number."
Real fast. Real quick.
I have heard this from several people that never met each other.

Auto Transport Service
Back