• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

There are sometimes when a person posts a tech question, then a well intentioned member chimes in..."I don't know the answer but I'm sure that someone here will."
Why even post that?
I've seen this happen a time or two here, but it was after the person's tech question had no replies after a few hours or maybe a day.

Maybe.
If there were 100 cars built the same exact way with the same options, the “ One of 100” is actually correct.
How about the dudes that say “I should of bought it.”
No, sir. You should HAVE bought it.
I would've bought it iffin I could of......:D

There’s certainly occasions when correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. is more than advised. Having done thousands of reports, memo’s, taking exams, writing newsletters, articles…to achieve a passing grade or uphold credibility professionally when this is a part of one’s job. But, on a car forum or where some guys are incredibly talented mechanically…where their writing skills haven’t been required…or where they’re just not all that versed as another may be for one reason or another? Or is this to display some holier than thou cuz (because) one can write better than somebody else? IMO, WGAFF – there’s plenty of other **** to be concerned about.

I've seen this happen a time or two here, but it was after the person's tech question had no replies after a few hours or maybe a day.
And just saying 'bump' to bring the thread back up sounds like 'huh'. Had plenty of members ask 'what does bump' mean. Well (in a deep southern drawl), it's what a frog does when.....oh never mind!

How about this one...."I have a 383 big block". Or a 440 big block.
Chrysler didn't make any 383 or 440 small blocks. We all know they are big blocks.

Chrysler didn't make any 383 or 440 small blocks. We all know they are big blocks.
Unless you are talking to a Chevy guy or some youngin at a parts house that only knows about the 383 Chevy stroker......and have even had them ask me what a road runner or a Plymouth is.....

yeah, I see it all the time on various sites: 383 crank and pistons for sale. Turns out that they mean for a stroker chev. Same with 400.

But I'm talking about when speaking about Chryslers on a Chrysler enthusiast website.
And include, "I have a 70 Coronet with a 225 slant six". We know they were slant sixes.

Having someone tell me that they have a slant six has never bothered me. Chrysler called it that.
3f4a54628ef645?rik=i22L7%2fU67JVqQw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.toyadz.com%2ftoyadz%2frevell%2fslantsix.jpg

Can't a 360 be bored to 383 cubic inch, that would still make it a 383 SB.

Ask for a set of wiper blades for a Dakota at an auto store:
  • What size engine do you have?
  • Is it 2 or 4WD?
  • Quad or extended cab?
  • Does it have A/C?
  • Does it have a steering wheel?
  • Are you of legal driving age to buy a set of wipers?
  • Do you know how to wipe your ***?

Can't a 360 be bored to 383 cubic inch, that would still make it a 383 SB.
Then you would say its a small block. Just like a 383 Chevy stroker. When you say Chevy 383 everyone knows its a stroked small block.

Someone just did this one again today.....

"I just drug this old car home last week....." What the actual fu*k is that supposed to mean? Do these guys go out and stalk a car and then 'roofie' it, put it on a trailer and 'drag' it home? :rolleyes:

'Dragged' a trailer is a proper word....so is 'towed' a trailer.

The whole "Living rent free in your head" is LONG past it's prime.
In literal terms, no person can live inside another person's head due to obvious physical size limitations. Also, who would pay rent to do that even if you could fit in there?

"Asking for a friend" is another overused one.

The problem is, most trendy terms get used way too often and become outdated quickly. Words that are funny and creative will usually become repetitive and tired fairly soon. Often times, someone that is not the most socially involved person hears a trendy word and uses it to appear funny or witty. Sadly, this is like telling a joke that everyone has already heard numerous times.

1 facepalm 1.JPG

How about, As a Christian or my Pastor told me. Does that make the next words coming out of your mouth mean they're coming from God. Please, there are movies made about those that have run a few churches and a few are wearing orange jump suits. God doesn't work that way.

People can't be "free thinkers". Appers to me that they are "crowd thinlers/ get along with others" types. Willing to bet you hear "cliche" words & phrases more in a "office" setting then other places (constuction sites, factories, etc..) Don't hear it a power plant I work at too often THANK GOD!! Only thing I deal with is coworker using "feel" too damn much: kid: working to get him to stop using it.

Auto Transport Service
Back