• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Plug and play - Headlight Relay Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed my relays under my battery tray, on the supporting brace. He also sells a harness to go from alternator, straight to starter relay, to keep the current from going through the bulkhead. I recommend that too for all
Can you guys post pictures of your install where you mounted the relays?

Can you guys post pictures of your install where you mounted the relays?

20170204_161846.jpg

By request I am posting photos of mine. The power comes directly from the alternator, there are two wires to attach to the small post. I removed the plastic splash guard. The wires are really well away from the exhaust manifold. They run back along the hold down tabs on the valve cover.
IMG_0016.JPG

By request I am posting photos of mine. The power comes directly from the alternator, there are two wires to attach to the small post. I removed the plastic splash guard. The wires are really well away from the exhaust manifold. They run back along the hold down tabs on the valve cover.View attachment 1409742
Basically how mine is too

Then around the brake power booster to join the the factory wires and vacuum lines to the headlamps. My year has the vacuum powered hide away headlamps. I probably need another zip tie to clean it up a bit.
IMG_0018.JPG

I mounted the relays on the radiator support. There is plenty of room there. I know some guys want to hide them under the battery tray but I didn't see the need to do that. The fuses hang below the relays.
IMG_0019.JPG

There is one connector that has the male socket that connects the signal input from the factory dual beam driver's side. The new sockets for the headlamps have ceramic plugs which are designed for the higher heat of halogen headlamps. I did not have to remove the headlamps. There is plenty of room to reach in there to unplug and replug. I secured the original sockets away from the headlamps and door actuator with the bendable wire hold downs. This photo is the driver's side.
IMG_0020.JPG

Including a final photo of the passenger's side. I did drill one hole in the radiator support for the passenger side ground wire.
IMG_0021.JPG

Crachedback would like to purchase a headlight relay kit for a 65 Plymouth satellite but you inbox is full. thanks

Headlight relay kits that are essentially plug and play.

There is a substantial increase in voltage at the headlight, increasing light output performance. Light output degrades exponentially with voltage input reductions. These kits also take headlight amp loads off the fragile bulkhead connector, headlight switch and amp gauge. The only headlight load flowing through the bulkhead is a minimal current required to trigger relays.

The kit includes:
Bosch/Tyco relays (no 1$ chinese relays)
Ceramic headlamp sockets
Fuses/fuse holders
12ga wire from alt to relays
12 or 14 gauge power wire from relays to headlight wiring (no 16-18 gauge wire like factory, except 16ga to trigger relays)
All terminals for hook up to a std 1/4 alt stud and ground locations
Wiring would follow normal wiring harness paths and be covered with black shrink tube for most of the run lengths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CUTTING OF YOUR CURRENT WIRING HARNESS REQUIRED!

View attachment 903601

Road lamp relay kit is not included in the standard 2 and 4 headlight kits. There is an additional charge for a road lamp relay kit.

The kits I've built have relays mounted on the yoke (front or rear), under the battery tray and inner fender uprights.

Picture of the light output difference from a 71 Cuda. Both pictures are on low beam setting, Left - before, Right - after installation.

View attachment 903602

Another benefit that most users see are an improvement in dash light and marker light/turn signal brightness.

Some other things to consider.
Unless you buy wire in bulk, you'll have about $40+ before tax in different colored wire packages from a local auto store.

All kits I build are tested prior to shipping.

Kits for a 2 headlight vehicles are $135 + shipping.

Most 4 headlight vehicles are $160 + shipping.

The assembled kits fit nicely in a USPS flat rate box, shipping in the US would be in the $10-15 range. International shipping is available. Kits have been shipped to Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a few other countries. Most all shipping is done via US Postal Service unless other service is requested.

Kits with all products and wire required to build one yourself are $85 for a 2 headlight and $100 for a 4 headlight + shipping.

If you would like some other iteration of a kit, parts only, please PM me.

All items are shipped from Indio, CA

Thanks to all my customers, I appreciate your patronage!
PM sent. Thanks!

I mounted the relays on a small aluminum plate with a 55 pound pull magnet on the back, no holes to drill.
Plate is mounted right in front of the battery on the radiator support.
Got the magnets on Amazon, used for mounting guns under desks, beds, etc...
1677623014825.jpeg

Crackedback, I'm looking for info on a kit for a 69 Bee and received a full inbox message. Thanks, Cole

Cleared some space and sent you a PM. Rob
Everyone needs to realize that when anyone makes/produces a quality product, just don't expect an immediate answer right away. Kudos to you Rob and yes, I have your products and have referred people to you

All good. I do appreciate the referrals and patronage. My motto is, I wont sell a kit to someone else unless I would be proud to put on my own car.

Luckily I seem to get a notification that someone was trying to PM me but the box was full. Definitely do my best to get with everyone after the health issues.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Hello All:
I have this kit from Rob on my '67 GTX.
The kit is outstanding, the quality and craftsmanship is over the top.
Easy install, and lights are nice and bright.
Good luck on the health issues Rob, get well soon, FBBO needs ya !!

Everyone needs to realize that when anyone makes/produces a quality product, just don't expect an immediate answer right away. Kudos to you Rob and yes, I have your products and have referred people to you
Completely understand and hope it wasn't interpreted as being pushy. After reading all the positive feedback on this sticky, my only intent was to make sure he was aware I'd tried to reach out as look forward to becoming a member of Rob's list of happy customers soon.

Completely understand and hope it wasn't interpreted as being pushy. After reading all the positive feedback on this sticky, my only intent was to make sure he was aware I'd tried to reach out as look forward to becoming a member of Rob's list of happy customers soon.
No worries on my end. Some people just need to have patience if they can't get a hold of a vendor/company. I've had his kit(s) for years now and stand by Rob's craftmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back