• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poisonous Spiders in the US that’ll mess you up!

...and yes, copperheads are a concern out here. Had one chase me on the tractor one year;
he was introduced to the finish mower and became pasture fertilizer in a slap hurry.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nd9GcQ28zY64DnkcAAWNc726h8DWBomqhGgmmHRmA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Everything in Australia wants to kill you and eat your eyes for JuJu B’s.

I’ve seen a few huge rat snakes around and I just leave them be because they’ll kill copperheads.
Here's a baby rat snake I did a 2-step "verification" on. Google photos search and my brother in law. Lol.
20230924_171021.jpg

The one above is tiny enough to fit between my boots and be hidden.
I unfortunately killed a milk snake, I thought it was something else, and I killed another snake, fairly large, up by my front door. Damn thing looked like a water moccasin (cottonmouth) but it didn't have a very triangular shape head...I later saw one like it at the bait store and apparently they get mixed up for water moccasins often.

Gotta watch under the Patio Furniture out here in Southern CA, all furniture outside makes nice Condos for Black and Brown Widows.
We have both of those bastards, and Raid is in stock at my house, they get a nice bath when I see 'em.
When you see that disorganized web, look out.

I haven't seen any Brown Recluse yet, but I hear they've been found in some cities close by me now.
Probably just a matter of time until we get those too.

Bought a car a while back that had been sitting in the desert for years. Put it in the garage and the wife notices the webs attaching the car to the floor. Like a lot of them.
Pushed it outside and bug bombed the interior and sprayed the entire underside with insecticide. Next day about 2 dozen dead widows under the car.

I've brought my satellite and a c10 over to the UK from California, the satellite had to be fumigated at the port because the container was infested with black widows & I found very much alive black widows in the engine bay of the truck after i'd been working on it for a month or so in the garage. I'm scared of normal uk spiders so spicy american ones proper terrified me

I use a spray can of brake cleaner to kill insects I don't like. Put the straw in the nozzle and give them a short burst and they're dead. Usually kills in about 2 seconds. Cheaper than insect spray and I always have a can in my shop and my garage anyway. Used it on black widow spiders, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, etc.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back